Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

New Contributor
My Device: Blackberry Torch 9810
My Carrier: AT&T

My blackberry torch 9860 screen has gone black...help!

My blackberry torch 9860 works but the screen is black. ive done a battery pull and have had it out for about half an hour at the most and put it back in...as soon as i put it back in a tiny hourglass shows on the screen then goes away and the scren stays black....how do i fix this!!?? i have important messeges on my phone that i need to get to is there anyway to get my screen back!?

New Contributor
My Device: 9860
My Carrier: Movilnet

Re: My blackberry torch 9860 screen has gone black...help!

Hello my friend I am facing the same problem. I tried using anothe battery it was the same, then I thought it was software but nothign at all, finally I went to tecnichak services and after one inspection they told me the problem is related to the keyboard flex. please if you got any solution let me know
New Contributor

by the way the only one solution I have got is to use the mobile connected to the computer. just in that case the screen can goes to sleep and turn on after I press any bottom, maybe it can help you to make a security copy then you can open that file (ipd) using magicberry and recover all your information
New Contributor
My Device: Blackberry Torch 9810
My Carrier: AT&T

i plugged my phone into the computer and the computer picks it up but the phone still has a black screen. i tried finding the file that my computer found on my phone but i havnt been able to find it
New Contributor

Ok my friend I am going to give some possible solutions, if your computer picks your mobile up you can do many things, first of all if you are interested in recover some messages, go to my documents and look for a file called blackberry in that folder look for some files with a name likes this BlackBerry Torch 9860 (8 8e febrero 8e 2012).ipd, once you have found id download magicberry software you can recover you messages (pin, txt, etc) contacts list, etc.

If that is ok. Try  to reset your mobile, using bbsak, but remember download the original OS you will need it.

I Hope this can solve your trouble..

My Carrier: XL Axiata

I had the same problem. After battery pull... a minute later then ... poof... black screen. I think its the OS 7.1 or damage unit because of electricity charge... don't know for sure but the funny thing is if i turned on wifi or bluetooth (before it's gone black) it behaves normal. The side effect is i often feel my 9860 body a bit warm and battery depleted fast (about 4 hr tops). Is there any clear explanation on this?? i still don't know what cause it because i use it normally & carefully...

Jeffrey As.