10-02-2011 10:11 PM
I have the blackberry torch 9800 and today it just stopped working. I took the battery out to do a reboot and it turned back on for a minute or two and then shut off and hasnt started up since. The red light doesnt even come on at all..I have tried plugging it in with and without the battery, tried connecting it to my computer (which doesnt even detect it). I have no idea what else to do without just sending it away..please help me!
10-07-2011 09:11 AM
Welcome to BlackBerry Support Community Forums.
Try the following steps to reload your device software when the device is not being detected by the computer.
1. Verify that your BlackBerry Device Software is installed on the computer. You can download it from your wireless provider's website in this list. http://bbry.lv/ad7CII
2. Remove the battery from the BlackBerry. Do not re-insert it.
3. Connect the BlackBerry to the computer with the USB cable.
4. Navigate to the file path shown here for your PC OS. http://bbry.lv/nPyBiQ
5. Open Loader.exe and follow the prompts.
9. When you have clicked Finish and the application load starts, insert the battery into the BlackBerry smartphone.
Hope this helps.
Come follow your BlackBerry Technical Team on Twitter! @BlackBerryHelp
Click Solution? for posts that have solved your issue(s)!