Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

New Contributor
My Device: Tour

My camera won't open.

Sometimes I can't take any pictures, other times I can take one and then I get the message that says "Could not start the camera.  Close other applications and try opening the camera again."  There are no other applications open, so I don't know why I am getting this error.

Thanks.

Hall of Famer III
My Device: PRIV (6.0.1/AAF518), Z10/Z30/Q10 (10.3.2.2813), Playbook (2.1.0.1526)
My Carrier: TMobile USA

Re: My camera won't open.

Hi there!

Go to Homescreen > Options > Memory -- what are the stats for AppMemory?

Occam's Razor nearly always applies when troubleshooting technology issues!

New to the Community? Click here and also here for helpful guidance. Also please click here for additional helpful information to guide you as you proceed. I always recommend that you treat your BlackBerry like any other computing device, including using a regular backup schedule...click here for an article with instructions. If anyone has been helpful to you, please show your appreciation by clicking the button. Need a reference to BB10 OS/SR versions? Click here. Need a specific BB10 AutoLoader? Send me a private message.

...................................................... ......................................................
New Contributor

Free space shows as 93.6
New Contributor

I called Verizon and they had me do a soft boot and now it is working fine.  Thank you for you help.
Hall of Famer III
My Device: PRIV (6.0.1/AAF518), Z10/Z30/Q10 (10.3.2.2813), Playbook (2.1.0.1526)

FYI -- You are going to notice degredation over time. These are tiny computers, and they suffer from all of the foibles that desktop PC's do. Memory leaks. Badly behaving applications. Etc. The best fix is a hard reset (which is what I was going to recommend, but they beat me to that...albeit with a soft reset).

• Anytime random strange behaviors creep in, the first thing to do is a battery pop reboot. With power ON, remove the back cover and pull out the battery. Wait about a minute then replace the battery and cover. Power up and wait patiently through the long reboot -- ~5 minutes. See if things have returned to good operation. Like all computing devices, BB's suffer from memory leaks and such...with a hard reboot being the best cure.

Best!

New to the Community? Click here and also here for helpful guidance. Also please click here for additional helpful information to guide you as you proceed. I always recommend that you treat your BlackBerry like any other computing device, including using a regular backup schedule...click here for an article with instructions. If anyone has been helpful to you, please show your appreciation by clicking the button. Need a reference to BB10 OS/SR versions? Click here. Need a specific BB10 AutoLoader? Send me a private message.

...................................................... ......................................................
My Device: Not Specified

I'm having the same problem with my tour I got a few days ago. If anyone has any info it would be appreciated.
My Device: Not Specified

Hey Dragonfly you mentioned you did a soft boot of your BB when you had this problem... How would you do that ?  

I was having the same issue with my camera for a day before doing the hard boot which i learned about here.

Just wanted to learn more about the device!

Thanks in advance!

- Chris

Hall of Famer III

See this KB for the various methods of resetting BB's:
KB02141 How to reset a BlackBerry smartphone

New Contributor
My Device: bold 9700
My Carrier: etisalat

Hi,

i tried this hard reebooting. i still get the same error messege and i cant open my cam
New Contributor
My Device: bold 9700
My Carrier: etisalat

how can we do the soft boot