Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

Highlighted
New Contributor
My Device: Blackberry curve 9320
My Carrier: 01543467139
Accepted Solution

My computer does not recognise my Blackberry curve 932

My computer does not recognise my Blackberry curve 9320. I followed the help instructions to adjust the administrative settings but this did not help. Any help or advice would be greatly appreciated. Many thanks in advance. 

Elite II
My Device: BlackBerry Z30
My Carrier: Rogers

Re: My computer does not recognise my Blackberry curve 932

[ Edited ]

Maybe this will help. It's how to get BlackBerry Desktop Software to recognize your phone but if BDS recognizes it, so does your computer. Have a look here:

www.blackberry.com/btsc/KB10144 .

I hope that helps you.  Smiley Happy

- If my response has helped you, please click "Options" beside my post and mark it as solved. Clicking the "thumbs up" icon near the bottom of my response would also be appreciated.

New Contributor

Thank you so very much for your prompt reply to my query. Unfortunately I did not get the options to click on. However, there was a very helpful tip which I shall try just as soon at the shops open on Monday. It would seem that the USB cable that was supplied with my phone is a charge only cable. I think I need a data USB cable. I will let you know how I get on and leave the proper feedback. In the meantime, please accept my very grateful thanks.
New Contributor

Hello again. Sorry for the delay in getting back to you as promised. I hade to order the USB data cable from Amazon and wait for it to be delivered. Turns out that it was not the problem. It was the Desktop software that had become corrupted. Once I uninstalled it and reinstalled it everything worked just fine with the original USB cable. Thank you once again for your very kind help and patience. 

Kind regards. Genie36