Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

HD
New Contributor
My Device: Not Specified

My curve (8330) wont turn on and my red light blinks if I plug it into something.

ok so heres the story, I had out my phone everythings fine. Then I walked away for 5 minutes and came back. I picked up my phone and it was off, nothing worked, and I plugged it in and my red light kept coming on and off. I charged for 24 hours and still, nothing.Smiley Mad

Help please?

Forums Veteran III
My Device: Bold - T-mobile

Re: My curve (8330) wont turn on and my red light blinks if I plug it into something.

If you connect the device, the Desktop Manager detect the device?

If your answer was no, if you connect the device to the pc (with the Desktop Manager closed), the device is detected by the pc? 

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
If I help you with any inquire, thank you for click kudos in my post.
If your issue has been solved, please mark the post was solved.
HD
New Contributor

Re: My curve (8330) wont turn on and my red light blinks if I plug it into something.

It does at first, but then it disconnects and doesnt dectect it, then connects, then disconnects, etc.
Forums Veteran III
My Device: Bold - T-mobile

try connecting the device to a main usb on the back of the pc and let me know
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
If I help you with any inquire, thank you for click kudos in my post.
If your issue has been solved, please mark the post was solved.
New Contributor

The same thing is happening to my phone tonight.  I have done all things that are posted, any other suggestions?
New Contributor

same here with me......... not a good day/night for the curve 8830

anything what i can do ?

HD
New Contributor

same thing happened when I plugged it into the back.

I am having the exact same problem.  I have tried everything I can think of but nothing.

New Contributor

FYI- I went down to my provider today and they told me there is a file corrupting my blackberry, that was the cause of this phone freak out! Hope that helps all of you!
HD
New Contributor

Ok thank you, but how did you fix it?