Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

New Contributor
My Device: Blackberry Curve 9360
My Carrier: Wind

My curve keeps defaulting to an old email address I no longer use

I haven't use the old address in abut a year and a half and that address is the one I had when I got my BB. How do I change my settings to get rid of that address so I can access my BBM etc.

Your quickest response would be appreciated.

Thank you.

Hall of Famer III
My Device: DTEK50 (AAI82), PRIV (AAI795), Z10/Z30/Q10 (10.3.2.2813), Playbook (2.1.0.1917)
My Carrier: TMobile USA

Re: My curve keeps defaulting to an old email address I no longer use

Hello,

I'm going to guess that you are referring to the email address associated to your BBID...if I am wrong, please provide further details so that we can understand. If I am right, refer:

• Article ID: KB32514 How to change or update a BlackBerry ID username on a BlackBerry smartphone

Good luck!

Occam's Razor nearly always applies when troubleshooting technology issues!

New to the Community? Click here and also here for helpful guidance. Also please click here for additional helpful information to guide you as you proceed. I always recommend that you treat your BlackBerry like any other computing device, including using a regular backup schedule...click here for an article with instructions. If anyone has been helpful to you, please show your appreciation by clicking the button. Need a reference to BB10 OS/SR versions? Click here. Need a specific BB10 AutoLoader? Send me a private message.

...................................................... ......................................................
New Contributor

Where is the Options area so I can change it?
New Contributor

I did attempt to change it and it won't allow me to do it. It tells me the username and password provided do not correspond to a valid Blackberry ID
Hall of Famer III
My Device: DTEK50 (AAI82), PRIV (AAI795), Z10/Z30/Q10 (10.3.2.2813), Playbook (2.1.0.1917)

OK, so my guess was right? I think so...can't tell for sure though...

In any event, did you try the browser method linked within that KB? Can you use these existing credentials at www.bbid.com? That portal also has a way to change the email address...but you must first sign in with your valid current BBID credentials.

New to the Community? Click here and also here for helpful guidance. Also please click here for additional helpful information to guide you as you proceed. I always recommend that you treat your BlackBerry like any other computing device, including using a regular backup schedule...click here for an article with instructions. If anyone has been helpful to you, please show your appreciation by clicking the button. Need a reference to BB10 OS/SR versions? Click here. Need a specific BB10 AutoLoader? Send me a private message.

...................................................... ......................................................
New Contributor

I went there and it wants my user name? Is that the email address I signed up with...Sorry so stupid with this stuff...OMG....grrrrr.....
Hall of Famer III

Yes, your BBID UserName is the email address currently associated to your BBID. Step 2 of the KB I linked for you above clearly stated that UserName = email address.