Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

Highlighted
Visitor
My Device: Blackberry Bold 9790 ver7.1 bundle 1647
My Carrier: Rogers

My default contact list was renamed to an e-mail account I temporarily setup, how do I change it back

Hello Everyone,

I need help trying to figure this out...I've been scratching my head over it for a while...so I finally gave in and signed up to the Blackberry Support  Community.

Maybe its a simple fix, but I can't figure it out.

I've had the same e-mail (lets call it abc@default.com) address associated with my default contact list for as long as I've owned a Blackberry, and up until September 22, 2012, it had been the default on my current BB (9790 Bold).

So what happened...

On September 22, 2012, I created an e-mail (lets call this one xyz@temp.com) address to deal with Q & A for an item I was selling online. Although I hadn't noticed it right away, but somehow my default contact list was now xyz@temp.com  and not abc@default.com.

At first I was not able to complete a sync (I thought it was a glich of some sort). I then attempted to add a new contact, but the default would show as xyz@temp.com. I tried to switch to the right contact list via the drop down selection bar, but oddly, eventhough the address (abc@default.com) is still set-up to sendf & recieve e-mails on my phone it wasn't shown as an option to select from. I've since removed the temp e-mail (xyz@temp.com) from the phone, but it still shows up as a Contact List.

Incidently, I had and have three other email addresses set-up on past and current BB phone(s), of the three, two also have Contact Lists associated with them (these are unaffected).

Also, if I were to view my contacts and choose from a specific list I get the same contact lists to choose from as I do when I try to add a contact.

So, how can I rename the xyz@temp.com to abc@default.com so that I can find it  whether I'm viewing my current contacts or I'm adding a new cvontact, otherwise I don't think I'll be able to snyc completely?

Please Help

Thanks

Retired
My Device: BlackBerry Z10 Smartphone

Re: My default contact list was renamed to an e-mail account I temporarily setup, how do I change it back

Hey cdnsprt,

Welcome to the BlackBerry® Support Community Forums.

To remove the unwanted contacts and contact list please complete the following:

1. First backup your BlackBerry® Smartphone as shown here: http://btsc.webapps.blackberry.com/btsc/KB12487.

2. Go into Options> Device> Advanced System Settings> Default Services> Set you default contact list.

3. Then go to Options> Device> Advanced System Settings> Service Books> delete all service books associated to the email accounts you no longer use.

4. Go to Contacts> Options> Highlight the contact list you no longer want and type RSET, this will clear the contacts  associated with that list.

Let me know if you have any questions.

-HB

Come follow your BlackBerry Technical Team on twitter! @BlackBerryHelp

Be sure to click Kudos! for those who have helped you.

Click Solution? for posts that have solved your issue(s)!

My Device: Blackberry 9790
My Carrier: Sun Cellular

Re: My default contact list was renamed to an e-mail account I temporarily setup, how do I change it back

Hi, I tried your suggestion but it just wiped out all of my contacts. Should I restore my back-up, I'm expecting that the old email account associated to my contacts (the one I'm trying to delete) will be restored? Appreciate the help. Thanks.