Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

My Device: Not Specified

My mute button no longer locks my keyboard. Why??

Suddenly, holding down my mute button no longer can be used to lock or unlock my phone. The button itself is working because my mute function still can be toggled on and off when I make a call. Anyway I could have inadvertantly deactivated this function?
Contributor
My Device: 8330 Curve 4.5.0, VZW

Re: My mute button no longer locks my keyboard. Why??

That happens to me sometimes, I am not sure if it is an application I am running that causes it but I know how to fix it!  Do not turn off the phone, just take the back off the phone and pull the battery out. Wait 30 seconds and replace it.  The Mute button will work again after the phone has finished the restart process.  We have all found that this is a way to reset many things like icons that seem to disappear or a program that does not seem to be working right. Some of us just automatically do the battery pull once a day. This action is used on many blackberries, not just the Curve.  Hope this helps!
I LOVE MY PINKBERRY!
New Contributor
My Device: bold 9000
My Carrier: vodafone uk

Re: My mute button no longer locks my keyboard. Why??

i have the exact same problem, i updated to newest software and now if i lock my phone i cant unlock it and have to pull battery out!

Cant anyone help???