Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

My Device: Not Specified

My phone doesn't ring

I am a new blackberry user and have only had my tour for a few days but for some reason it doesn't ring when a call or message comes in. I have put it on loud and medium ring volume and nothing. When I try voice activated dialing, I don't hear the automated voice say, "Say a command." When I try to listen to listen to different ringtones on my phone, I don't hear them. However, I hear people's voices when I am talking to them. The blue tooth is deactivated. I can't figure out what is wrong. I ensured mute was turned off. I am lost at what to do. Any assistance would be great.

Thanks.

Developer
Developer

Re: My phone doesn't ring

Hello,

a BlackBerry device firstly vibrates for 3 (or the number of selected vibrations) times and only then it rings.

There is an application out there called VibAndRing that allows the user to set vibration and ringtone at the same time.

New Contributor

Mine does the same thing and the only fix I find is removing the battery. It will then go back to ringing.
My Device: Bold 9700
My Carrier: ATT

I have a Bold 9700 with ATT.

I had this problem and tried every GUESS (see if this works) that has ever been posted on each and every site, even by the "experts."

I have found what was causing MY phone not to ring.

I had one person listed in my phone only by their first initial. Whenever that person called, the phone would not ring, yet you could visibly see the activity arrows on the screen that a call was coming in.

Any call that came in after that person called would not ring either.

Obviously this is a bug in the OS, and no I'm not going to say what OS it was because that NEVER solved the problem.

So, if you have anyone listed in your phone with only one letter  or perhaps one letter or number followed by a space, you might want to change that entry.

My Device: Bold 9000
My Carrier: AT&T

[ Edited ]

I have the 9000 and I believe the issue comes from the attempt to play a song as a ringtone or as the alarm, i don't think having a name saved as a single could be the issue. Assuming this person had a personalized ringtone.But who really knows what the actual problem is, we are all just guessing anyway.

If I set my ringtone or alarm to a song the phone will permentally not ring only vibrate. The only fix I have found is disconnecting the battery and putting it back in, as shutting off the power and restarting will not do the trick. This problem has only started since I updated to the new BB software 5.0.0.882

Also what is affected is not the speaker in any way becuase when I am experiencing this problem I can still play music.

Someone needs to fix this fast, I missed 3 important client calls this week already;

**bleep** BLACKBERRY????

My Device: Bold 9000
My Carrier: AT&T

I found this link very useful for solving my problems so far.

http://www.brighthub.com/mobile/blackberry-platform/articles/86442.aspx

And apparently BB will bleep w t f as if I would curse on a forum that some child could read and be offened and their lives would be forever changed because they read three letters? Really where we livin at these days??