Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

My Device: 9780
My Carrier: DU

My phone is not detecting Headphones. BB 9780

[ Edited ]

Hi,

I have a blackberry bold 9870. From last few days, I am trying to connect my headphones in my mobile but mobile is not detecting it. There is no sign I can be in my mobile and can't hear anything from my headphones. 

How can I reset my operating system within the mobile. Please give me the directions.

Regards,

Hassam

New Contributor
My Device: Bold 9900
My Carrier: Telus

Re: My phone is not detecting Headphones. BB 9780

I also had this happen on my 9780, I made the mistake of using ipod earbuds ONCE and it seemed to stretch out the connection. Try slowly wiggling your headphone connection and see if a connection is made intermittantly.

If you manage to make a connection from time to time it is not software but a hardware issue...
Developer
My Device: 9300 3G Curve
My Carrier: Tata Docomo

Hi,

Try rotating the headphone pin, see if u r able to re-estabish the connection or not...but, in either case whether u get any connection or no connection atall, thats a hardware prob n u need to replace the pin of ur BB device...

NB- b4 u go for replacement, jst check the headphone whether its working or nt by connecting it to any other 3.5mm jack audio device...

with regards
simply abhik...
_______________________________________________________________________________________________
Please click "Accept as Solution" if your issue has been solved and to give thanks/appreciation, click thumbs up...
For BB OS update: http://us.blackberry.com/software/smartphones/update.html
BB Simulators: http://us.blackberry.com/sites/developers/resources/simulators.html
_______________________________________________________________________________________________
My Device: Blackberry Bold 9900
My Carrier: T-Mobile

[ Edited ]

I had the same odd issue with my 9900, but i was using apple earbuds. I use my headset mainly for calling purposes so i picked up a mono Blackberry 3.5 mm headset and have not had the issue since. Lovely headset btw, its exactly what i needed.

[fixed link]