Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

New Contributor
My Device: Curve 9300
My Carrier: Telus
Accepted Solution

My phone is running extremely slow and eating the battery

I've been experiencing this problem for the past 3 days and went to my provider today to ask about.

My phone has been running extremely slow, the hour clock thing is forever running, and as a result my phone dies in about 3 to 4 hours with no real use. I was told it was because i need to update my OS but when I came home and plugged it in it says that my phone is up-to-date and there is no OS upgrade available. i bought a replacement battery to see if that was the problem and it is not. this is becoming quite frustrating. it has even gotten to the point of when i lock the phone i cant unlock it over even get the screen to turn on. the only way to turn it on is to pull the battery out and put it back in.

What is wrong with my phone?

Elite II
My Device: Curve
My Carrier: BSNL

Re: My phone is running extremely slow and eating the battery

Hello maddy 22

Welcome to the Community

That Hour clock appear because of many reason like running application in the background , low memory etc. As your device is already upto date so to resolve the issue please Reload your Device OS it will fix the problem ,follow this Knowledge base :

KB11320 : How to perform a clean reload of the BlackBerry Device software using BlackBerry desktop software for windows .

After  Reloading your Device Software you must go through this Knowledge Base , because it will help you in long run and to avoid such problem in future.

KB14320 How to maximize battery life and free memory on the BlackBerry smartphone.

Please try it and let us know.

Prince

Click " Like " if you want to Thank someone.

If Problem Resolves mark the post(s) as " Solution ", so that other can make use of it.

If Problem Resolves mark the post(s) as " Solution ", so that other can make use of it.
New Contributor

thanks. how would you perform this on a mac? my phone (Curve 9300) is 2 years old and Im wondering if that could be the problem also.

Elite II

Hello maddy 22

It does not matter how old is your phone Reloading your Device software will sure help you but don't miss the The KB14320 I suggested after reloading your Device OS.Here is how to reload device software on a Mac :

KB19915 How to perform a clean reload of BlackBerry smartphone application software using BlackBerry Desktop Software for mac

I hope it will help.

Prince

New Contributor

thanks. it looks like this worked Smiley Happy

Elite II

Hi maddy 22

You are most Welcome...Smiley Very Happy

Prince