Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

My Device: Q10
My Carrier: RIM

My phone is still under warranty and screen went off for good..

Hello there, I purchased my phone less than 5 months ago, and now my screen just went off by itself and it's not working at all. So that is considered something to be repaired under warranty correct? and moreoever, what is the number for me to contact them? and how does this procedure go?

Hall of Famer III
My Device: DTEK50 (AAH108), PRIV (AAH995), Z10/Z30/Q10 (10.3.2.2813), Playbook (2.1.0.1917)
My Carrier: TMobile USA

Re: My phone is still under warranty and screen went off for good..

Hi and Welcome to the Community!

Warranty is determined at the time of purchase. When you bought your device, you should have received information as to what your warranty terms are and how to seek support under it. BlackBerry services no warranty directly...always first through other parties, either the original place of purchase, a separately agreed to 3rd party, an authorized service center, or some other entity defined in your original purchase contract.

Good luck!

Occam's Razor nearly always applies when troubleshooting technology issues!

New to the Community? Click here and also here for helpful guidance. Also please click here for additional helpful information to guide you as you proceed. I always recommend that you treat your BlackBerry like any other computing device, including using a regular backup schedule...click here for an article with instructions. If anyone has been helpful to you, please show your appreciation by clicking the button. Need a reference to BB10 OS/SR versions? Click here. Need a specific BB10 AutoLoader? Send me a private message.

...................................................... ......................................................
My Device: Q10
My Carrier: RIM

What do you mean by authorized service center or some other entity defined in my original purchase contact?

Hall of Famer III
My Device: DTEK50 (AAH108), PRIV (AAH995), Z10/Z30/Q10 (10.3.2.2813), Playbook (2.1.0.1917)
My Carrier: TMobile USA

The method to seek warranty varies by location and other factors...so there is no way to tell you exactly what your warranty method is. Instead, you need to review your original purchase contract for the device...in that contract, your warranty terms and methods will be documented, and that is what you must follow. Since I cannot see your original device purchase contract, I cannot know what it says...only you can see your contract, and therefore know what it says. If you are unsure, then talk to the seller (to you) of the device and ask them what your warranty terms and methods are.

Occam's Razor nearly always applies when troubleshooting technology issues!

New to the Community? Click here and also here for helpful guidance. Also please click here for additional helpful information to guide you as you proceed. I always recommend that you treat your BlackBerry like any other computing device, including using a regular backup schedule...click here for an article with instructions. If anyone has been helpful to you, please show your appreciation by clicking the button. Need a reference to BB10 OS/SR versions? Click here. Need a specific BB10 AutoLoader? Send me a private message.

...................................................... ......................................................