Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

New Contributor
My Device: Curve 8520
My Carrier: Digicel

My phone not coming on

I did a battery pull earlier today and when I insert back my battery it does load my battery comes up with an X through it can someone tell why its like this

Hall of Famer III
My Device: DTEK50 (AAI82), PRIV (AAI795), Z10/Z30/Q10 (10.3.2.2813), Playbook (2.1.0.1917)
My Carrier: TMobile USA

Re: My phone not coming on

Hi and Welcome to the Community!

Please try this sequence...note that, throughout the entire 4h15m process, your BB must remain directly connected to a known-good wall charger (not PC USB, not a cradle):

1. With the battery inside, connect your BB to the wall charger
  2. Leave it alone for 2 hours, no matter what the LED or the display does
  3. Remove the battery
  4. Wait 15 minutes
  5. Insert the battery
  6. Wait another 2 hours, no matter what the LED or the display does

This has been known to "kick start" some BBs.

It is also possible that your battery or BB has experienced a problem...to test, this sequence is needed:

1. Obtain an known good and already fully charged additional battery...use it in your BB and see what happens
  2. Obtain access to a known good and identical BB...use your battery in it and see what happens

The results of this will indicate if it's your BB or your battery that has the problem. Note carefully please that "new" and "know good" are not necessarily the same things. While rare, a "new" battery certainly could be defective. Rather, the simplest (and least costly, btw) method to conduct this test is to find someone with an identical BB who has no issues...trade batteries and see what happens.

Good luck and let us know!

Occam's Razor nearly always applies when troubleshooting technology issues!

New to the Community? Click here and also here for helpful guidance. Also please click here for additional helpful information to guide you as you proceed. I always recommend that you treat your BlackBerry like any other computing device, including using a regular backup schedule...click here for an article with instructions. If anyone has been helpful to you, please show your appreciation by clicking the button. Need a reference to BB10 OS/SR versions? Click here. Need a specific BB10 AutoLoader? Send me a private message.

...................................................... ......................................................
New Contributor

thanks much

ill try that, but there is also this white screen coming up say something about software

Hall of Famer III
My Device: DTEK50 (AAI82), PRIV (AAI795), Z10/Z30/Q10 (10.3.2.2813), Playbook (2.1.0.1917)

Something about software...hmmm...I can only wonder what that is, since I can't see your device...can you perhaps be a little bit more explicit?

Thanks.

New to the Community? Click here and also here for helpful guidance. Also please click here for additional helpful information to guide you as you proceed. I always recommend that you treat your BlackBerry like any other computing device, including using a regular backup schedule...click here for an article with instructions. If anyone has been helpful to you, please show your appreciation by clicking the button. Need a reference to BB10 OS/SR versions? Click here. Need a specific BB10 AutoLoader? Send me a private message.

...................................................... ......................................................
My Device: Black Berry curve touch screen 9380
My Carrier: kawsar

I even have the same problem. Before it was opening it closed and it opened for few days then know it is not opening.

What should I do?

Please tell the solution .

Hall of Famer III

Hi and Welcome to the Community!

yusra22 wrote:

I even have the same problem. Before it was opening it closed and it opened for few days then know it is not opening.

What should I do?

Please tell the solution .

If indeed you have the same problem, then the already-posted resolution recommendations would apply also to you, would then not? Please scroll up and read/try what is already provided.

Good luck and let us know!

New Contributor

Well keep saying update software.... I carried it to phone place and they said that need a new battery.

Hall of Famer III

tava_97 wrote:

Well keep saying update software.... I carried it to phone place and they said that need a new battery.

From what I recommended above, I do not understand this information at all...hopefully you are now in good shape.

Good luck!