Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

My Device: Torch 9810
My Carrier: ATT

My phone refuses to update

[ Edited ]

I have the BB Torch 9810, 7.0 Bundle 1355 and am trying to do the 7.1.0.1997 update that my phone prompted me to do.  Ever since I got the phone, I have never been able to update a single app because it will not log me in.  Each time I try to log in, it tells me that my password is incorrect (it is not). I have update my password several times, and it still will not recognize it.  Now, it just tells me "an unexpected error has occurred".

I plugged my phone into my Mac, and tried to update it there.  I attempted to update 3 times, and attempted to back my files up twice.  When I tried to back up my files, I got another "an unexpected error has occurred". When I try to update it, it tells me it is unable to update, and that I need to disconnect and try again.  I did this in safe mode, as well.

HELP!  My phone is in dire need of updating and it won't let me!

ETA: I have ATT.  My phone says I am almost full at 6.3 memory (which makes no sense, as I don't have any apps other than what it came loaded with and NO music, just some photos.  Though when I plug my phone into my computer and it says my memory is pretty full, it says 0 of it is photos.

My Device: Torch 9810
My Carrier: ATT

Re: My phone refuses to update

[ Edited ]

Double post.