Thank you for visiting the BlackBerry Support Community Forums.
BlackBerry will be closing the BlackBerry Support Community Forums Device Forums on April 1st (Developers, see below)
BlackBerry remains committed to providing excellent customer support to our customers. We are delighted to direct you to the CrackBerry Forums, a well-established and thorough support channel, for continued BlackBerry support. Please visit http://forums.crackberry.com or http://crackberry.com/ask. You can also continue to visit BlackBerry Support or the BlackBerry Knowledge Base for official support options available for your BlackBerry Smartphone.
"When we launched CrackBerry.com 10 years ago, we set out to make it a fun and useful destination where BlackBerry Smartphone owners could share their excitement and learn to unleash the full potential of their BlackBerry. A decade later, the CrackBerry community is as active and passionate as ever and I know our knowledgeable members and volunteers will be excited to welcome and assist more BlackBerry owners with their questions."
- Kevin Michaluk, Founder, CrackBerry.com
Developers, for more information about the BlackBerry Developer Community please review Join the Conversation on the BlackBerry Developer Community Forums found on Inside BlackBerry.
02-04-2012 11:11 AM - edited 02-05-2012 11:02 AM
I got a Blackberry smartphone few weeks ago (Pearl
3G 9105), I bought it used. My wireless network provider is new and provide
BIS for few days. Before he makes it available, I had created an
Blackberry ID on the website and I was able to download apps from the
App World. But I deleted my ID because I was waiting for
http://free.blackberry.com allows me to create an ID and to provide
access to the BIS. Then, my provider (Free Mobile, the french new
provider) provide BIS access so I can use BMM but I can't create an ID
from http://free.blackberry.com . Morever, I have created a Blackberry
ID on Blackberry website but I can't access to the App World anymore. The device display "enter the user name associated with this smartphone".
I can't get this ID because I got the smartphone used in a shop. Could RIM erase this association and where to ask ?
Thanks for helping.
Solved! Go to Solution.
02-08-2012 08:48 AM
Same problem for me as well. Re-registered (as I did not have original registration email to delete the old unknown username and password), but now with the new registion details it comes up with "Enter the username associated with this smartphone".
I have gone to the mobile phone Blackberry ID page, but cannot seem to change anything there either as it takes me straight to the login page. And of course I get the same message again.
02-09-2012 04:41 AM
hello, I have the same problem
I bought a BB bold 8780 from a friend. All system was OK even App World until i use a new BB Id and try to change the BB Id inside the phone.
Now AppWorld doesn't work because the phone lose the link between the phone and the new Id. So i have a BB Id like you can see in the first picture but i lose the Id App world like tou can see in the second picture.
Is there any solution unless erase all the data in the phone ?
Thans you for all
02-09-2012 02:15 PM
I fixed this issues !
To do it you have to go the application management option, then look for Blackberry Identity and delete it !
Therefore, launch App world and it will ask for download a missing something. Accept it and reboot each time your terminal ask for.
02-10-2012 02:36 AM
Whoohoo for JoeFray!
Took me a few minutes to find the right folder, but here is the details rundown on how it worked for me:
1. Press the BB button
2. Select "Options" from the menu
3. Select " Applications" from the menu - a new screen should appear
4. Make sure to change the button option in the top right hand corner from "third-party" to "Add-ons"
5. A list will appear with BlackBerry Identity in it - select this option
6. Press the DELETE button - it will as you if you are sure you want to delete - select YES
7. You will be advised that the device needs to be restarted for the change to take effect and asks if you and to restart now - if you are ready, select "yes"
8. Your device will now be restarted
9. Once restarted, go to your BlackBerry App World icon and select the "My World" button
10. The following message will appear " A BlackBerry Identity update is needed. Would you like to install it now?" Select "Yes" - the device will take some time to download/install the updated ID
11. When downloaded this message will appear "A restart is required for changed to take effect" - select "Restart Now"
12. The device will display "resetting now" for a couple of seconds and will then reboot.
13. Once rebooted, go back to your BlackBerry App World icon and select the "My World" button
14. It will give you the BlackBerry ID sign in page with a blank ID username field - enter your new username and password
15. A new screen will appear telling you that "Your BlackBerry ID will be associated with this smartphone. Your Internet email accounts, as well as some apps and services will be automatically be transferred. In some cases, email won't be sent to your previous smartphone anymore". Select Continue
16. The standard BB agreement page will appear - scroll down and select I Accept
Hey presto - back in business!
Thanks again JoeFray - too many ppl with the same problem on this forum and no real solution until today. YAY!
02-12-2012 07:43 AM
with OS6 : Search "Application Management" and skip the 4 first steps !
good to know : the attempt count is reseted after following this tutorial.
you are welcome Vegiepie and thank you for the details.