Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

New Contributor
My Device: BLACKBERRY VSTORM 9530
My Carrier: TSTT/BMOBILE

My storm 9530 is showing a red light ..HELP ME PLEASE !!!

[ Edited ]

My storm  9530 is showing a red light about 7 seconds and cuts off i am not even seeing anything  like a missing battery or the blackberry  reboot  on the screen.after. when i connect it to my PC it dose  the same thing but i keeps doing it over and over.

Hall of Famer III
My Device: DTEK50 (AAI82), PRIV (AAI459), Z10/Z30/Q10 (10.3.2.2813), Playbook (2.1.0.1917)
My Carrier: TMobile USA

Re: My storm 9530 is showing a red light ..HELP ME PLEASE !!!

Hi and Welcome to the Community!

Please try this sequence...note that, throughout the entire 4h15m process, your BB must remain directly connected to a known-good wall charger (not PC USB, not a cradle):

1. With the battery inside, connect your BB to the wall charger
  2. Leave it alone for 2 hours, no matter what the LED or the display does
  3. Remove the battery
  4. Wait 15 minutes
  5. Insert the battery
  6. Wait another 2 hours, no matter what the LED or the display does

This has been known to "kick start" some BBs.

It is also possible that your battery or BB has experienced a problem...to test, this sequence is needed:

1. Obtain an known good and already fully charged additional battery...use it in your BB and see what happens
  2. Obtain access to a known good and identical BB...use your battery in it and see what happens

The results of this will indicate if it's your BB or your battery that has the problem. Note carefully please that "new" and "know good" are not necessarily the same things. While rare, a "new" battery certainly could be defective. Rather, the simplest (and least costly, btw) method to conduct this test is to find someone with an identical BB who has no issues...trade batteries and see what happens.

Good luck and let us know!

Occam's Razor nearly always applies when troubleshooting technology issues!

New to the Community? Click here and also here for helpful guidance. Also please click here for additional helpful information to guide you as you proceed. I always recommend that you treat your BlackBerry like any other computing device, including using a regular backup schedule...click here for an article with instructions. If anyone has been helpful to you, please show your appreciation by clicking the button. Need a reference to BB10 OS/SR versions? Click here. Need a specific BB10 AutoLoader? Send me a private message.

...................................................... ......................................................
New Contributor

I tried it and nothing happened. but now when i connect it to my PC it says that i need to update and as soon as i start updating it cuts off. so by the time i am ready to install its off. when i reconnect it it stays on for about 7-10 seconds and cuts off so no way i am able to install the OS downloaded.and with all of that going on, there is absolutely nothing on the screen. not even a missing battery sign. any ideas what i should do?

Hall of Famer III
My Device: DTEK50 (AAI82), PRIV (AAI459), Z10/Z30/Q10 (10.3.2.2813), Playbook (2.1.0.1917)

Above, I gave you 2 different tests to run. From what you said, I cannot tell for sure which you actually ran. I am guessing you did the 4h15m process, but not the 2nd Battery Swap process. But, again, from your post, I cannot tell for sure. If your battery is damaged or malfunctioning, it could completely explain the behavior you report...the 2nd test is intended to determine if the battery is causal. Please report back with specific results from each of the two tests.

New to the Community? Click here and also here for helpful guidance. Also please click here for additional helpful information to guide you as you proceed. I always recommend that you treat your BlackBerry like any other computing device, including using a regular backup schedule...click here for an article with instructions. If anyone has been helpful to you, please show your appreciation by clicking the button. Need a reference to BB10 OS/SR versions? Click here. Need a specific BB10 AutoLoader? Send me a private message.

...................................................... ......................................................
New Contributor

My battery is brand new. i fully charge it and tested it before i placed it into the phone.

The screen is new also.it was tested and recorded working fine.

The secondary board was changed also.also brand new

The only thing i didn't change was the main board.

The full housing was changed and still i am having that problem.

Hall of Famer III

As discussed in my recommendations above, "brand new" and "known good" are not necessarily the same thing. Depending on the method you used to test the battery, you may or may not have properly vetted out it's condition -- the test method I provided you above is the best consumer-level test method I can come up with.

However, given your revelation now that all this work has been done, I recommend you cease with internet-distance support attempts...what you have had done is tremendously more complicated than can be dealt with at an internet-distance. Anything you had done could be causal to the problems you are experiencing; working with one component inside the device can cause accidental damage to another component. It is entirely possible that your device is no longer functional due to any number of hardware-level reasons. But, diagnosing such at an internet-distance is pointless...I recommend you continue with whatever qualified technicians you have been working with to reach either a resolution or a decision that it is beyond economical repair.

Good luck!

New Contributor

Ok, let me get this straight... before i bought all those stuff the blackberry 9530 was giving that problem so no need to even think that a bunch of people that hand nothing to do decided to wreck a great phone. i went through every guideline and did all that was told even before replacement parts where bought. 1 year ago i bought 2 of the BB 9530 for me and my wife so after testing it the correct way i tested in on her phone. the mentioned make sure everything is working properly and i did just that..
Hall of Famer III

[ Edited ]

I'm sorry, but I don't think I fully understand what you said there. And I did use the word "accidental"...I did not mean to imply any intentional damage done by anyone.

Are you saying that the original problem you reported (not being able to boot up) existed before you had any work done on the device? If so, then that actually complicates matters even more -- having changed out so much of the internals of the device may have, as I say, damaged something further. Or, it is also possible that the parts you replaced caused no additional damage and are functioning fine -- but they simply did not include whatever it was that was originally damaged/failed.

I also do not understand what you say about "did just that"...I cannot tell if that means you did the battery swap as I recommended, nor what the specific results were if indeed you conducted that test. For example, specific results from a battery swap could include:

1. Both devices work fine with either battery
  2. The original device still does not work with the other battery, but the other device works fine with the battery from the original
  3. The original device works fine with the other battery, but the other device does not work with the battery from the original

Etc, etc. etc...there are several variations of possible results, and the specific result from each device using the other battery is what provides the clearest indication of if the battery is causal or not. But, from your words, I do not understand your specific results...I'm sorry that I'm not understanding you.

Nevertheless, if your battery swap test result is as described in item 2 above, then that indicates a hardware problem with the device itself. And again, at an internet distance, hardware issues are nearly impossible to diagnose -- nothing can replace in-hand evaluation by a qualified technician.

Highlighted
New Contributor

Well then in that case all diagnostic is over because i live Trinidad and no one in heavens is that good here.. lol. thanks a lot. :-)