Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

New Contributor
My Device: Not Specified
Accepted Solution

My world link in app world not loading....Help!!

I got the latest update for the bb app world on my bb storm and I was able to access my world and login.  I started testting the archiving feature out on a few apps.  I got a call took it and when i came back i cannot access my world.  It lets me select it but it never loads both from the link and the full menu.  I can access search,categories,top free and top paid just not my world.  I thought a battery pull would solve it so I tried that(no go).  I uninstalled the app reset my phone and reinstalled (still no go).  I double checked permissions and all are set to allow.  This is extremely frustrating because now i cannot reinstall apps that are not downloaded from my history or archive any more apps.  Any solutions would be helpful.
Guru I
My Device: Passport, Playbook, 9320BES
My Carrier: Bouygues _ SFR

Re: My world link in app world not loading....Help!!

after re-installing App World, did you log your Paypal credentials ?

The search box on top-right of this page is your true friend, and the public Knowledge Base too:
New Contributor

I am assuming you mean sign in to the paypal verification... If that is that case no because all ways to get to that point are in my world or don't load.
New Contributor

I just noticed though that what I thought was the bb freezing it actually lets me select the link and it seems like it loads but the foreground does not change to match the background. So if i hit back it lets me access the rest of the app world.  Just not my world and all stuff therein
New Contributor

I found a solution after multiple battery pulls and reinstalls . I clicked on my world and still had no luck. As i mentioned earlier the foregrund was staying put while it seemed like the background was doing something.  I decided to try running my finger accross the screen to see if it would change I noticed some movement.  I did that for a minute and all of the sudden the background popped up( i left it sitting earlier for close to 20 minutes and didnt get that result.  It showed the app archiving and it was paused but that was all I could see the memory bar was blocked out and ther rest of the apps in the list were not showing.  I canceled the archive and hid the memory bar and they all reappeared.   YAY