Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

New Contributor
My Device: Not Specified
Accepted Solution

MySpace Uncaught exception: java.lang.NullPointerException when trying to access friends

Curve 8330 Verizon Wireless

v4.5.0.77 (Platform 3.2.0.51)

AppWorld v1.0.0.29

MySpace v1.5.0.12

Facebook v1.5.0.32

Been having a problem with MySpace, haven't found any messages/threads with this specific problem, so looking for some help.  I noticed in the review board for MySpace v1.5 on AppWorld there were other Curve 8330 owners having the same issue:

Each time I attempt to view my Friends list, add a Friend, or look at someone else's Friend list, the app locks up.  If I exit the app to do something else while it is loading, and try to re-open it I get:

Uncaught exception:

java.lang.NullPointerException

Looking over the forums for this java error, most suggestions were to reload the device's OS as it may be corrupt.  As an attempt to fix the problem, last night I updated from v4.3 to v4.5.  When I was done updating, my MySpace, AppWorld, and Facebook apps showed under options>advanced>applications, but the icons were nowhere to be found.  I even searched the hidden icons and still no luck.  I used the destop manager application loader to remove these three apps from the device.  I then downloaded AppWorld from my device (www.blackberry.com), and once it was installed used it to download and install MySpace and Facebook.  Once they were downloaded and installed, I powered off and did a battery pull.  Upon reboot, the icons showed and the apps worked... except for MySpace's Friend list: same problem.  I cannot remember when this error first occured, but I would guess it was after the last MySpace app update.  Wasn't immediately afterward, though.  I can access my messages and the homepage, but that's about it.  I've also already sent an email to rimappsupport@blackberry.com with no response

Any help out there!?!?!

New Contributor

Re: MySpace Uncaught exception: java.lang.NullPointerException when trying to access friends

I have the same problem.  Only started the middle of last week.  I have uninstalled and then reinstalled but no joy.

Any help would be great.

New Contributor

Re: MySpace Uncaught exception: java.lang.NullPointerException when trying to access friends

I have now wiped my 8900 and reinstalled everything but the same fault still occurs.

Have been waiting for a response RIM but still not had anything back from them.

Contributor
My Device: BB Storm

I am having the exact same problem.  Just started last week.  I have deleted Myspace  three times and reinstalled it, rebooted several times, cleared all cookies and history.. still have the problem.  Is there a way to go back to older version?
New Contributor

Well I don't believe it.  I got my new handset today and installed the myspace application.  After about 5 mins I it started to do the same thing. 

Looks like there could be bugs in the new version!!!

Time to make another call.

Contributor

I wish I knew how to install the older version!!
New Contributor
My Device: curve 8310

I've been having the same myspace app issue for about 3 weeks now and am extremely sick of it. Also for the past few days I haven't been receiving message notifications either. Have tried deleting & re-installing the app, rebooting, checking the permissions, etc. Nothing helps, so I am guessing it is a problem with the app itself as all my other apps work fine, & I see now that other users are having the same issue.
~selena~
New Contributor

MySpace version 1.5.1.7 is available for download!

Oddly enough, the app started working properly a couple days ago with the exception of slow notifications, but no errors.

Thanks for all your support!

Contributor

I downloaded the update last night... it works better for the most part.  Still areas that don't want to load for me  Smiley Indifferent