Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

New Contributor
My Device: Not Specified
Accepted Solution

Myspace App Error

I am have Curve 8330 with Alltel. This issue just started happening out of nowhere. When I go to the Myspace App I get this error "There was an error communicating with Myspace". I am still able to update my status & mood however nothing else works. Every other screen just continuously says "loading". And my friends statuses on the home page says "loading" also. However I can check for updates successfully.

I'm wondering if there is an issue with my myspace account because when I log in under someone elses name I don't have this issue. But I still can't figure out whats causing this. I unregistered my email address with my phone to see if that had something to do with it but I still had the issue...

I've tried the following:

1. Uninstalling & Reinstalling the App. However when I reinstall somehow i'm automatically logged back in. It doesn't clear the previous memory of the Myspace App. How could I fix this?

2. Resending the Service Books. However the Myspace service book doesn't appear in the list of service books.

3. Battery Pull

4. Logging in under someone elses name. Everything works fine for them. It gives me this message "To Receive Myspace notifications, your Myspace login email address must be associated with your Blackberry device." I click continue & everything loads fine.

5. Wiping clean & reinstalling 4.5 didnt help.

Thanks

Elite I
My Device: STORM 9550 Verizon <><

Re: Myspace App Error

WelcSmiley Happyme to the FSmiley Happyrums

I am thinking this may be a myspace for blackberry issue. I have had the same problem periodically. 

Smiley Happy Smiley Happy Nurse-Berry Smiley Happy Smiley Happy

It's very weird that it only happens under my login though. Are there any settings that could affect this?

New Contributor
My Device: Blackberry Curve OS 4.5.0.77

[ Edited ]

Anyone find any solutions on this?  My Curve just started doing this today.  I've tried all of the fixes listed here and in other forums I've read with no luck. 

Message Edited by jboslooper on 02-12-2009 02:06 PM
Elite I
My Device: STORM 9550 Verizon <><

I havent heard back yet.  Will follow up and check.  I finally just took it off my phone.  I am solely FACEBOOK now!  lol 

And this forum!! These are my "social networks" 

Smiley Happy Smiley Happy Nurse-Berry Smiley Happy Smiley Happy

I began having the same issue again also. A bunch of people replied to my topic on crackberry.com & apparently Myspace took down Moods & Statuses for maintenance & this is why we're getting this. You should see a message from Tom also on the homepage.
Highlighted
New Contributor
My Device: Blackberry Curve OS 4.5.0.77

Thanks for following up guys.  Yeah I noticed the status message issue last night but wasn't sure if that had to do with me.  Seems to be working this morning.