Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

My Device: Not Specified

Myspace Problems

I've been having issue with Myspace, so when i saw that it was updated to 1.5 i jumped.  Having a couple of issues still i was hoping somebody could help with.

First, When I sent a message from my BB using the myspace app, it doesn't show up online (when from a PC) in my sent mail folder.   I'm unable to tell when it's been read etc.

Second, I'm not getting any notifications now.  I have my notifications set on myspace, I am using the same e-mail addy on my phone as I have registered with myspace / used for notifications.  This may be on myspace's end?  I've double checked my settings a few times, and I haven't even gotten an e-mail since Late January.  Is this widespread?  or is there something I can do to fix this?

Third, now that i put 1.5 on here, I get random "can not communicate with myspace" error messages and it boots me from the app...

Any help??

New Contributor
My Device: Blackberry Storm 9530

Re: Myspace Problems

Not to sure on how to answer your questions. But I think this might be on Myspace's end. I to, do not receive notifications from Myspace all the time. I have the upgraded 1.5 app as well. Im running it on my Storm, and it is a nice bit of software, but doesn't deliver as quickly as I would like it to. I will get the updates on my computer faster, while Im online. I also have my Blackberry email address set as a notification. It only comes through to notify me once in awhile. I hope somehow, we can figure out how to get this resolved.
Phone 1: Blackberry Storm 9530 (Verizon)
Phone 2. Blackberry Curve 8900 (T-Mobile)
Brand New Phones: 3 Blackberry Storms and 1 Blackberry Curve 8330. See where my addiction takes me? Smiley Happy
Highlighted
Contributor

I am having the same issues. I get notifications through email, which defeats the purpose of having the app on my phone. Can anyone help??? I was hesitant when this first came out and now I'm pretty much not a fan at all of this app. Once again, Facebook prevails over Myspace.

Thanks!

Guru I
My Device: Passport, Playbook, 9320BES
My Carrier: Bouygues _ SFR

if your MySpace application is configured correctly (including configuration on the MySpace account on the server), then those emails should be swallowed by the MySpace application and be processed into MySpace notifications.

therefore you should not see those emails.

The search box on top-right of this page is your true friend, and the public Knowledge Base too:
Contributor

I have the set the notifications I want to be sent and it's still coming as emails. What are the correct configurations for BB Curve 8330 from Verizon for Myspace version 1.5? Thanks.

I think the biggest problem is the fact i'm not getting the e-mails at all.  I've done some looking, tried some settings changes and found this to be what the issue is, but myspace isn't helping get the notifications resolved or anything.

Guru I

kagee wrote:
I have the set the notifications I want to be sent and it's still coming as emails. What are the correct configurations for BB Curve 8330 from Verizon for Myspace version 1.5? Thanks.
In my opinion there is a problem with the configuration of your MySpace application installed on your device. Either you can install it again, or you can check on your MySpace account, that the email address to which your notifications are sent is the one you are using on your device (and not one from an email redirection).

The search box on top-right of this page is your true friend, and the public Knowledge Base too:
Guru I

tehmonkeh wrote:

I think the biggest problem is the fact i'm not getting the e-mails at all.  I've done some looking, tried some settings changes and found this to be what the issue is, but myspace isn't helping get the notifications resolved or anything.

On your MySpace account, can you verify the configuration of your notifications? I read that sometimes the checkbox gets unchecked. Check the email address too.

E-mail address was correct, and all notifications were on.  However I was not able to get it to "verify" my e-mail address, I tried changing it to another e-mail address I use, and it owuld never send me the e-mail.  I, for the first time today, tried something new and added the same exact e-mail address as "Other e-mail 1" and verified it and the verification works.  going to try and test notifications ASAp, maybe that will fix this issue.
Contributor

The email address I am using for myspace is on my device. I have since deleted the application and will try loading it again. Thanks