01-19-2012 06:57 AM
I have anew Torch 9810, with 4 email addresses delivering to it. I have an increasing number of unread mails flagged on the summary line, but I can not find these - I have tried to mark all prior opened, checked the individual mail boxes, "u" to see unread but they simply don't seem to be there.
Number is quietly increasing in the background...any body seen this and know how to fix, or have I found a new "feature"
01-19-2012 07:12 AM
Tips for clearing that unread message... try them in order.
If you have a rogue New Message icon on your Homescreen, or a negative count (-1), any one of these solutions could clear it, or reset it to zero:
Try these options:
* Open your main Messages folder and highlight today's date, click the menu key and select Mark Prior Opened.
* Hard Reset the BlackBerry by holding ALT, CAP (right Shift key), and DEL (or with the BlackBerry powered ON, remove the battery and reinserting the battery)
* View Messages > Saved Messages
* View Messages > View Folders, check each folder (missed calls, SMS in and out boxes, MMS in and out boxes, Saved, browser, phone logs etc)
* Scroll to top of message folder, over the date heading, click or press menu to MARK PRIOR OPEN
* Change your theme and see if it persists, and change back to your desired theme. (Options > Theme > select.)
* Connect to Desktop Manager > Backup/Restore > Advanced. On the right-hand pane is the list of data on your device. Scroll to the email messages database and highlight it, then below, select CLEAR. This will clear your device of all messages.
* Wipe and reload your OS.
PIN: C0001B7B4 Display/Scan Bar Code
PIN: C0005A9AA Display/Scan Bar Code