Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

Contributor
My Device: 9700 bold
My Carrier: unlocked
Accepted Solution

N4100 error msg trying to log in to a wifi site

I'm trying to log into a public library wifi site.  It lets me in, but when I bring up bhe browser all I get is a blank screen with N4100 at the top (usually when you bring up the browser it gives me the "These are are rules......." and at the bottom is the "Doy accept?" prompt.  I'm not getting that screen).  When I try to go to a site, I just get the blank screen again with the N4100 at the top (HOWERER (this is wierd) when I go to google.com, it lets ne im (?)).  Also I use Google Voice, and it works just fine too.  I've tried asking the system people here (Flagstaff AZ Public Library), but they're always at lunch.

Anybody?

Highlighted
Contributor
My Device: 9700 bold
My Carrier: unlocked

Re: N4100 error msg trying to log in to a wifi site

Hi!
Funny how after using a bb for so long I can't type (or spell...) on a regular keyboard anymore...
In regards to the N4100 errors I've been getting, I'm using a BB Bold 9700, sw version 5.0.0.296, just using the default browser. I've tried re-booting, playing around with some of the settings in the wifi connection profile,... I did get a hold of one of the library i.t. people, and he said it was something to do with mac address filtering (they were having problems with the Kindles too), but my friend was sitting right across from me and he got on with his bb 9650 just fine.