Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

New Contributor
My Device: bold
My Carrier: digi

NFC not working

Hi. NFC is not working in my BlackBerry Bold 9900 but it working fine in my Blackberry Bold 9790. I used Mifare Ultra Light to test in 9790 and it works and when i tested in 9900 nothing happened. No even vibration. My NFC is turned on in both phone. Please advice. Thanks

Forums Veteran I
My Device: Playbook 2.1/ Torch9860 OS7.1.0.746
My Carrier: Globe

Re: NFC not working

Please restart the phone by removing and placing the battery back while the device is ON. This process fixes the application modules in it without losing any data stored. Let us know if you still experience the issue after this.

Ron

...........................................................................................................................................................
Click "Accept as Solution" if your problem is solved. To give thanks, click thumbs up Smiley Happy

Blackberry Battery Saving Tips | Follow me on Twitter

New Contributor

I removed the battery while the phone is ON and replaced back and restarted the phone. I test again with the same tag but nothing happened.

Forums Veteran I

If you are using a certain app to use the feature, you may try contacting the app vendor and ask them if they have some compatibility issues with the phone.

Ron
...........................................................................................................................................................
Click "Accept as Solution" if your problem is solved. To give thanks, click thumbs up Smiley Happy

New Contributor

Nope.. I dint use any 3rd party app. Its new phone and i havent download any app.

Forums Veteran I

Please check the Article below and hope it helps.

Unable to complete NFC payment transactions after a forced restart of the BlackBerry smartphone

Ron

New Contributor
My Device: 9900
My Carrier: ATT

If you don't have an app downloaded, scanning an NFC code with a new phone will do nothing. You need to tell the phone what to do when you tap the tag. ATT comes with a preloaded app or you can download a few from appworld. The previous tag you used on your 9790 isn't working because the information is written on the phone, not the tag itsself to tell it what to do. So download an app, the same one you used on your 9790 and set it to do what you want with each tag.