Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

Visitor
My Device: curve 8520
My Carrier: o2

NO BBM

We topped up my daughters pay & go bb curve on monday evening as usual the money for bbm was removed instantly .. now over 40 hrs later bbm is still not working. We have removed the battery several times & contacted service provider (o2) who inform us it is not their doing the problem is with Blackberry. What is going on? How long is this going to last? Is the anniversary date going to be moved back by the amount of 'lost' days or are Balckberry just going to rip off customers who have paid for a service they can't access?

Solutions: 6,380
My Device: Passport • Z30 • Z10 • Torch9850 • Playbook
My Carrier: Verizon

Re: NO BBM

Hey paula59, sorry you're having issues like this, but truthfully, only O2 can answer questions like that since you paid them, they hold the account which must be updated. Did they actually say what they think BlackBerry must do?

This is a user-to-user community support forum. We are not RIM employees, but volunteers who enjoy assisting other users. RIM personnel rarely comment on queries posted here.

ALSO:  You have your mobile phone number listed as your "My Mobile Provider" or carrier. Putting your phone number out on the internet on these public forums for the world to see, is not wise. To change that, at the top of this page click on My Settings > Personal Profile > Personal Information, and in the entry block for "Carrier" type the name of your mobile provider.

1. If any post helps you please click the Like Button below the post(s) that helped you.
2. Please resolve your thread by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
3. Install free BlackBerry Protect today for backups of contacts and data.
4. Guide to Unlocking your BlackBerry & Unlock Codes
Join our BBM Channels (Beta)
BlackBerry Support Forums Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code
Visitor

Hi there & thank you for responding.

o2 have said there is an issue they are aware of but its is with Blackberry not them. They did not elucidate as to the nature of the issue nor am I aware of wether the problem is just with o2 or if it has affected any other networks as all my family use the same network. Its annoying that a service has been paid for but not received & if the original anniversary date stands then my daughter will have lost out on days that we have paid for in good faith. I have actually made several calls to o2 all of which have resulted in the same answer. I am now trying to decide my next course of action to get this matter resolved. I am also disgusted that there appears to be no direct link to Blackberry customer services that I can access whereby I could actually speak to someone!?

Solutions: 6,380
My Device: Passport • Z30 • Z10 • Torch9850 • Playbook
My Carrier: Verizon

paula59 wrote:

I am also disgusted that there appears to be no direct link to Blackberry customer services that I can access whereby I could actually speak to someone!?

O2 is failing you there again. Any issue with which they cannot resolve, they should offer (and now you should demand) to have the issue escalated up to BlackBerry's Tier Two tech support.

O2 is just blowing you off. You probably either need to get sweet as honey with them, or loud. Whatever works.

1. If any post helps you please click the Like Button below the post(s) that helped you.
2. Please resolve your thread by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
3. Install free BlackBerry Protect today for backups of contacts and data.
4. Guide to Unlocking your BlackBerry & Unlock Codes
Join our BBM Channels (Beta)
BlackBerry Support Forums Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code
Highlighted
Visitor

Thank you again.

I am going to ring o2 again armed with this information.

If they still try to 'fob' me off then believe me I will very soon escalate this to the very top.