Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

New Contributor
My Device: Not Specified

NO SOUND on my Blackberry Bold

Hi , there is no sound coming out of my blackberry Bold, I can't play music or video , there is no sound , even whn i receive calls there is no ringtones and no sounds . I m on normal profile , i tried Loud profile , but nothing's change ...

Any ideas , please help ...

New Contributor

Re: NO SOUND on my Blackberry Bold

davetordjman,

I have had the same problem twice since receiving my new BlackBerry Storm - and have so far only been able to resolve by removing the battery:

1. Turn OFF your Storm

2. Remove the back cover and the battery, and wait for 5-10 seconds

3. Replace the battery.

4. Turn on the Storm

It takes a couple of minutes to fully reboot, but does resolve the problem.

I have previously experienced this problem on my BlackBerry Pearl, and read of others with the same issue - it is thought to be a software glitch / bug but has not yet been resolved Smiley Sad

Hopefully RIM will sort this one out for us. Until then, stay positive - I still love my new BlackBerry Storm!

New Contributor

Hi, I have the same problem and I did remove my battery to restart my blackberry storm; the sound came back but i still have a problem with the headphones. everytime i try to plug the headphones into the storm, the music does not play. there is only a static sound coming from the headphones. what can i do to fix this problem?
New Contributor

I'm sorry but this is an update for the post i made like five minutes ago.

i read from another thread that this girl just played around with her phone for awhile and it finally worked. if you google "blackberry storm no sound" the first result is this thread and the second is the about the girl who played with her phone. 

it actually worked! i just kept plugging the headphone in and out and it finally worked. it better not go haywire on me again.

oh and this was only for my music. my game music worked.

New Contributor

hi Davetordjman,

i have got the same problem like you in blackberry bold....n i m not finding any solution of this problem. can you please tell me that how did you solve that proble, If you tell me the solution, I would be grateful of yours. No sounds in 3 weeks blackberry bold.

Tons of Thanks in advance

Contributor

I have the same problem. On my first bold I had to play around with the ring choices (normal loud vibrate) to get it to do what I wanted. What I mean is I would put it on normal and it would vibrate. I would have to sometimes put it on loud for it to go normal etc. I replaced the bold cause of that problem and cause I had track ball issues. I now am having issues with the audio totally with the replacement phone. The alarm does not work. The music demos plays but no sound. I have it on normal and clicked the advanced options and nothing is on mute. So I am going to have to replace this one too it seems. I have heard this is a bug with most BOLDs. Maybe if more people comment about it here they will provide some sort of solution??

There seems to be issues with the "speaker" on the BBBold's I took the back cover off  and fiddled with it..... if you press in on the speaker, mine went to working...... I think it is a defect at the manufacture........ Mine was still under warranty..... so I now get a "REFURB" phone in place of my NEW one....... I'm not real happy!

Visitor
My Device: RBT71UW

I have same problem !!!. If still BLACKBERRY CAN'T resolve this small bug for a huge percentage of their customers. what the hell they do with mobile technology?!!!. We need to fix this IMMEDIETELY!!!. my phone is BBB 9000. Please release a new OS asap!!!

[ Edited ]

HELLO,

WELL I HAVE SAME PROBLEM WITH MY BB BOLD.. ALL IN SOFTWARE WAS GOOD.. LOUD.. VOLUME HIGH.. AND EVERYTHING. AND READING A LITTLE BIT FROM EVERYWHERE.. I GOT TO THE POINT THAT THIS IS A HARDWARE ISSUE.. SO THIS IS HOW I FIND OUT..

I WENT AHEAD AND GIVE PLAY ON A SONG.. AND TURN THE VOLUME UP.. ALL THE WAY.. AFTER TAHT I SLIGHTLY REMOVE THE BATTERY DOOR.. SO I STARTED TO HEAR A LITTLE SOUND.. AND I NOTICED THAT EVERYTIME I PUT THE BATTERY DOOR BACK.. IT STOPPED MAKING THE SOUND.. SO IF YOU SEE.. WHERE GOES THE LED FLASH.. ITS LIKE A FACEPLATE.. WITH A LOT OF DOTS ON IT ON THE SIDES.. ABOVE THE CAMERA.. SO I LIFT THAT FACE PLATE UP.. A LITTLE BIT HARD..AND IT STARTED TO MAKE SOUND A LITTLE BIT LOUDER.. SO I LIFTED IT UP A LITTLE BIT MORE.. AND VOILA.. PROBLEM FIXED..

I DONT KNOW.. IF IT WILL SOLVE IT FOR LONG TIME.. BUT HARDWARE SPEAKER WAS THE PROBLEM ON MINE..

HOPE IT WORKED FOR YOU.. IF YOU NEED MORE INFO.. YOU CAN WRITE TO ME AT..[removed personal information]

AND I WILL SHOW YOU WITH PICTURES WHAT I DID..

ENJOY YOUR BB

Message Edited by dany_s on 08-21-2009 08:25 PM

I too have a BB purchased in July....and now the sound no longer works!!!  Also am getting it replaced under warranty with a RECONDITIONED BB.  Not right and am so sad that I purchased a Blackberry instead of an iPhone.  Will be telling all my friends not to waste their money on a Blackberry....this is SO not right, not good customer service and not the way a company should stand behind their product.  They've given Blackberry a bad name.