Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

New Contributor
My Device: 9360
My Carrier: TATA DOCOMO

NOT Able to use BBM and Access Mail using WIFI

Hey,

I using BB 9360. I am unable to use BBM and Access my mail using WIFI. Instead Of getting RIM symbol but my BIS and BES is shpwing not connected. I have already registed my PIN with my service provider and getting 3G/EDGE also. Please help.Smiley Sad

Guru II
My Device: BlackBerry PRIV; BlackBerry Z30, Z10 and Q10 w/OS 10.3.2.2639; PlayBook w/OS 2.1.0.1917
My Carrier: AT&T

Re: NOT Able to use BBM and Access Mail using WIFI

You will need to contact your provider and make sure they've provisioned your account properly.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
1. Please thank those who help you by clicking the "Like" button at the bottom of the post that helped you.
2. If your issue has been solved, please resolve it by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
New Contributor

I discuss the details with them n they are saying that they have registred the PIN properly. n i would also like to update that i am not using any data plan of the service provider. 

Guru II
My Device: BlackBerry PRIV; BlackBerry Z30, Z10 and Q10 w/OS 10.3.2.2639; PlayBook w/OS 2.1.0.1917

You must have a BlackBerry (BIS or BES) data plan with your provider to get BlackBerry services.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
1. Please thank those who help you by clicking the "Like" button at the bottom of the post that helped you.
2. If your issue has been solved, please resolve it by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
New Contributor

is there any alternate solution or do u any other servie provider in INDIA  where ther thing is possible. Please do help.

Guru II

It is impossible to get mail on this type of BlackBerry without a BIS data plan. I am not familiar with all the service providers in India but there must be quite a few that support BlackBerry.

New Contributor

And 1 more thing i am using OS 7.0 in my BB but i dont have HOTSPOT section so wil i have to update my OS version or is there any other solution.

Highlighted
Guru II

Hotspot can be enabled/disabled based on your carrier. Updating your OS probably won't help.