08-02-2009 11:08 AM
Hi I am encountering a very annoying bug with a Curve 8900 I just got. Whenever someone calls me I only see his number, although:
- I have the caller contact details in my contact list (synchronized with outlook)
- I have the caller ID option active on my SIM
I looked around on forums to see if I can fix the problem. I tried to follow two tips but it didn’t work:
- I did a soft reset by taking out the battery while the device was on and putting it back after 1 minute
- I checked that my Content Protection is set to “no” for Include Contacts
I am running the following software version v184.108.40.206
If anyone has any potential solution to my issue I would greatly appreciate it.
Solved! Go to Solution.
08-02-2009 06:07 PM
08-02-2009 06:29 PM
I double checked, both items you indicated are ok.
I am considering to downgrade to an older version. Several colleagues around me have the old software version and none is encountering my problem. What do you think?
Many thanks for your help.
08-02-2009 07:03 PM
08-03-2009 03:51 AM
Thanks a lot for the tips. I am going to try later the wipe + reload.
I actually have some updates on the issue, I noticed that:
- all numbers in my address book are under international format
- when the call ID appears in international format, typically someone calling from abraod, their name appear
- when I receive a local call, the caller ID is not in International format, therefore the name doesn't appear!
- I converted one of my contacts to local format, his name started appearing
Thanks in advance for any help.
08-03-2009 03:32 PM
Apparently my problem is solved with the help of a colleague:
- Go to phone menu / options / Smart Dialing
- Insert country code corresponding to your operator’s country (i.e. +44 if you are subscribed to a UK operator)
- Modify “National Number Length” to “0” (default = 10)
01-23-2010 01:54 PM
Thanks so much tsultanem. It solved the issue! That was a pain in the behind. Now if there was only a way to fix the sms issue with the new OS..