Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

Contributor
My Device: Z10
My Carrier: Airtel
Accepted Solution

Native web browser of Blackberry

Hi,

I'm Nishant Potdar, I'm owner of Blackberry 8520 curve and very often I'm using bb's native web browser instead of any other third party browser.

I've one query regarding this browser. Whenever I want to open multiple windows (tabs) in single browser then I can't do so like I'm doing same thing with android phone's native browser with which I'm much more comfortable than blackberry's.

So I would like to request you to get rid of it at the earliest and provide us an update of latest browser soon.

I hope you understand my problem and expecting your expertise solution soonest.

Thanks and Regards,

Nishant Potdar
Elite II
My Device: BlackBerry Z30
My Carrier: Rogers

Re: Native web browser of Blackberry

Hello, Nishant.

Having multiple tabs open on your browser is a feature of OS 6.  Unfortunately, your phone is running OS 5 which does not allow for this.

Some people have attempted to upgrade to OS 6 on their 256 MB phones, but I highly recommend against this; the internal memory of your phone does not allow OS 6 to run properly and you would only run into lagging and freezing constantly.

When it comes time for you to upgrade, I highly recommend an OS 6, OS 7 or QNX phone (when available) as your  next choice.

I hope that helps you.  Smiley Happy

- If my response has helped you, please click "Options" beside my post and mark it as solved. Clicking the "thumbs up" icon near the bottom of my response would also be appreciated.

Contributor
My Device: Z10
My Carrier: Airtel

Thanks BillJ Smiley Happy
New Contributor
My Device: Storm2 Odin 9550
My Carrier: MTN Nigeria

I have a Storm 2 9550 and would really like to run OS 6 anyway. Please how do I get to do this? Thanks in advance. Nur.
Elite II
My Device: BlackBerry Z30
My Carrier: Rogers

[ Edited ]

Nur_Madridista wrote:
I have a Storm 2 9550 and would really like to run OS 6 anyway. Please how do I get to do this? Thanks in advance. Nur.

Go to the thread for the Torch.  In the top section is a sticky with instructions for getting the latest OS.  It's in the Torch forum but it will work for your phone as well.

I hope that helps you.  Smiley Happy

Okay, I went and got the link for you.  Here it is:

http://supportforums.blackberry.com/t5/BlackBerry-Torch/Latest-9800-OS-6-0-0-666/td-p/1336561

- If my response has helped you, please click "Options" beside my post and mark it as solved. Clicking the "thumbs up" icon near the bottom of my response would also be appreciated.

Highlighted
New Contributor
My Device: Storm2 Odin 9550
My Carrier: MTN Nigeria

Why thank you very much BillJ. Risky but worth it. I saw the Torch 9860 the other day and was blown away really. Been saving up to get either that or a Bold 4. But before then let me fiddle with me Odin just for a looksee. Thanks again.