Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

Highlighted
New Contributor
My Device: Pearl Flip 8220

Navigating on a web page?

Smiley Mad  Here are problems:

1.  I'm on a web page that has a drop-down box. I scroll and scroll and click on the box. The list opens, but the cursor will not move up past the bottom edge of the list so that I can choose the section I want? I have read the guide and it is NO HELP AT ALL!! It says to change to a "select mode", but that only highlights the text as if you were going to copy and paste it. How do I nagivate on a web page with a drop-down box?

2.  Wondering? I'm on a web page, and have to type in a text field. When I start typing some places on the page are suddenly underlined. Including the "go" or "continue" button next to the field and Since there is not a TAB key or function. Why are certain items underlined? What does it mean? and How do I "tab" on a web page?

Thanks a bunch!

Zami

Zami31
Solutions: 6,358
My Device: Passport • Z30 • Z10 • Torch9850 • Playbook
My Carrier: Verizon

Re: Navigating on a web page?

Welcome to the BlackBerry.com Support Forums.

1. I may not be comprehending your issue on this one... you have selected the drop down box and it opens. AT THAT POINT, you are not able to move your cursor to select an item in the drop down box? What will your cursor do? Is it frozen, and moves nowhere?

2. If you wish to click on the GO or CONTINUE link, after you have completed typing in the text box, move your cursor to that underlined link and click on it.

1. If any post helps you please click the Like Button below the post(s) that helped you.
2. Please resolve your thread by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
3. Install free BlackBerry Protect today for backups of contacts and data.
4. Guide to Unlocking your BlackBerry & Unlock Codes
Join our BBM Channels (Beta)
BlackBerry Support Forums Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code
New Contributor

Thanks for the welcome.

1. After the drop-down list opens, I can only move the curse left, right and down. I can't move it up to click on one of the options in the list.

ex: drop-down box with list of service providers. mine is t-mobile, which is about 4th or 5th one down then 3 more listed after it. my cursor will not scroll or move up to to click on tmobile. 

2. Is there any type of "tabbing option or button" when on a webpage that will "jump" to the next text field?

Zami31

zami31 wrote:

2. Is there any type of "tabbing option or button" when on a webpage that will "jump" to the next text field?

Nope, sorry. That is what the cursor does.

1. If any post helps you please click the Like Button below the post(s) that helped you.
2. Please resolve your thread by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
Knowledge Base Updates
New Contributor

Ok. So how do I use drop-down menus on a web page if my cursor doesn't move up to make a selection?
Zami31

It should. I don't know why it is not.

Are you having any issues with the cursor moving up in any other areas?

Knowledge Base Updates
New Contributor

No. it works perfectly fine everywhere else.
Zami31
New Contributor
My Device: Not Specified

I'm having this same problem. I'm just trying to download a game and the cursor won't allow me to select the correct service provider or anything else for that matter. It's turned into a game of chance trying to select things on webpages--which is by far the most annoying feature on this phone.