Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

Contributor
My Device: Not Specified

Need BB Desktop Manager tutorial

My BB Curve 8320 will arrive tomorrow and I'm already frustrated.  I'm one of those people who needs step-by-step instructions because I've never had a BB before.

T-Mobile sent me to it's web site to d/l BB Destop Manager.  I did.  Boy, was I surprised to see that DM is NOT what I thought it would be!  All my contacts, etc. are on Palm Desktop since I'm currently using a Palm Treo 680.  I thought BB DM would be similar ... a place where I could type in (or copy/paste) my contact information and then sync with my new device. But from what I'm seeing, DM doesn't have a place to put all that info!

PLEASE direct me to an article, etc. that has step-by-step directions for getting my contact info from Palm Desktop to wherever it needs to go so Destop Manager can then put it on my device. I don't use Outlook so nothing is in there at all.  Everything keeps telling me I have to come up with some sort of file connected to an email program!  Is that the only way to do this?

I thought this would be easy ... it probably is but all the documentation I'm seeing makes huge assumptions about what the reader knows and doesn't know.  Please assume I know nothing.  

Thanks ... maybe I'll quit bothering you if I can manage this one task!

Jagergwen

Highlighted
Elite I
My Device: 9800 - OS 6.0.0.246

Re: Need BB Desktop Manager tutorial

Just follow the steps in this KB Article - How to use Switch Device Wizard
_______________________________________________________________________________________________________________
If someone has been helpful please consider giving them kudos by clicking the star to the left of their post.
Remember to resolve your thread by clicking Accepted Solution.