Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

New Contributor
My Device: Bold 9900
My Carrier: Meteor Ireland

Need Blackberry to register my device

Hi, I  recently joined Meteor Ireland and have a Blackberry add-on subscription. I am without Email and Apps and last Monday I did the "Register Now" from the Host Routing Table but I have not got any message back from Blackberry. I contacted Meteor but they have said I must take it up with Blackberry. They also said it can take 72 hours for blackberry to respond.

Can anybody offer advice as to where I go next as I cannot seem to contact anybody in Blackberry (RIM) to complete the registration. 

Thanks in advance

Dave

Elite II
My Device: Curve
My Carrier: BSNL

Re: Need Blackberry to register my device

DaveyWaveyLad wrote:

Can anybody offer advice as to where I go next as I cannot seem to contact anybody in Blackberry (RIM) to complete the registration. 

Hi DaveyWaveyLad

Welcome to BlackBerry Support Forums

Sorry .. but you don't need to contact RIM / BlackBerry to activate BlackBerry Internet Services .

Please contact your Carrier Meteor , it is our Carrier who activates such Data Plan and also responsible for all formal support related to your BlackBerry .

Click " Like " if you want to Thank someone.
If Problem Resolves mark the post(s) as " Solution ", so that other can make use of it.
New Contributor

Thanks for that. When I hit "Register Now" , who is responsible for sending me the Service Book settings? Meteor can see I have a request pending since Monday but they say they can do nothing about it. 

I did have this Bold 9900 with O2 and had all Blackberry services. I switched to Meteor and got the phone unlocked but when I try setup email I get the "Your device had a problem connecting to the server" message. I do not see the 4 dots Blackberry icon near my signal so it seems it is not registered with Blackberry. Do O2 need to release something for this device?

Thanks for your patience.

Dave

Elite II

DaveyWaveyLad wrote:

Thanks for that. When I hit "Register Now" , who is responsible for sending me the Service Book settings? Meteor can see I have a request pending since Monday but they say they can do nothing about it. 

Hi there,

When we do this registration process , it don't sends those service books to our BlackBerry , but it register our handheld with our Carrier network and in your case it is Meteor . 

Once your device is registered with your Carrier network you can perform this method to recive those service books : KB02830 : Send the service books for the BlackBerry Internet Service

DaveyWaveyLad wrote:

I did have this Bold 9900 with O2 and had all Blackberry services. I switched to Meteor and got the phone unlocked but when I try setup email I get the "Your device had a problem connecting to the server" message. I do not see the 4 dots Blackberry icon near my signal so it seems it is not registered with Blackberry. Do O2 need to release something for this device?

Thanks for this info, first are yopu sure that your BlackBerry is properly unlocked from its previous carrier O2 ? Check this article to confirm :  Unlocking your BlackBerry Guide

Currently you're getting the above error message because you don't have any active BIS in your account which is required for this feature .

Still you should give a call to your previous Carrier to re - confirm if they removed your account / PIN from there database . 

If Problem Resolves mark the post(s) as " Solution ", so that other can make use of it.
New Contributor

When I go to my Sim Card menu there are 5 personalizations which are:

Sim=Disabled

Network=Inactive

Network Subset=Disabled

Service Provider=Disabled

Corporate=Disabled

Is my device fully unlocked?

Thanks

Dave

Elite II

Hi there,

This figure shows that your BlackBerry is unlocked from your previous carrier O2 .

Now , you have to push your present Carrier Meteor for further support , You have to enquire why they were unable to register or activate BIS in your account .

If needed or if Meteor is unable to find any solution for you then they can forward case to BlackBerry at no cost . They can do that. 

Usualy some carrier are known to act slow or it takes a little while to activate such plan , but in your case it already 72 hrs which is more then enough . So please call or contact Meteor to reconfirm if they properly configured your account with BIS , believe me they have access to such thing and they will able to give you the exact reason for this delay .

So please call / contact them and keep us updated .

Good luck.

New Contributor

I have just spent the last 20 minutes on the phone to Meteor and they insist that they are waiting for Blackberry to register the device. They say my 2gb Blackberry Add-on is active but until Blackberry register the device on the network, they cannot do anything further. I have contacted my previous carrier O2 and they confirm that they are not locking the device.

Meteor say that the "Register Now" request is with blackberry and it should come through in another couple of days! I cannot speak to anyone in Technical support in Meteor, only a customer care agent.

Have Meteor ever forwarded a Technical case to Blackberrry in the past? 

Thank you for your patience and understanding.

Elite II

Hi Dave,

Well it is our Carrier server with which our BlackBerry had to be registered ,  Meteor is a formal Carrier for BlackBerry and they have such authority to forward / escalate any case to BlackBerry if they were unable to resolve. 

You should also check this article on how formal support works  How Formal Support Works . I hope it will help you to some extent .

Yes you can speak with Meteor technical support ! Every carrier has that support structure , so please insist that customer care agent to pass your case to there technical team.

I also appreciate your patience !

Good luck.