Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

New Contributor
My Device: blackberry bold 9650
My Carrier: Verizon Wireless

Re: Need EMAIL App to bring in Several Email Accounts to my Tour 9630

also this isnt about forwarding. when i forward an email i will be sending an email from my defaul email address and i DO NOT want that! i want to receive all my emails through my gmail, and i want to send replies back to the senders with alternate accounts, such as my college email or work email.

New Contributor
My Device: Tour 9630
My Carrier: Verizon

GMAIL actually has a BB app that will allow you to keep gmail accounts seperate.

Once you set it up, it has an option for "Accounts" and it will show you all of your GMAIL accounts and you just scroll to which one you want. It works great.

I am not using gmail accounts, and that was why I asked the original question.

New Contributor
My Device: blackberry bold 9650
My Carrier: Verizon Wireless

yeah, i also installed gmail app hoping it would solve my problems but i am very **bleep** about the speed at which i get my emails, and its nowhere as good as the push feature that the bb native email offers. i feel like by defaul the gmail app checks for emails every 10minutes or so. ive tried this by sending myself emails and waiting to see how long it takes for the gmail app to notify me of an email.

do u know if there is a way to make the gmail app download the email instantly ? or quicker

thank you for your help

Highlighted
Solutions: 6,421
My Device: Passport • Z30 • Z10 • Torch9850 • Playbook
My Carrier: Verizon

kangalex wrote:

also this isnt about forwarding. when i forward an email i will be sending an email from my defaul email address and i DO NOT want that! i want to receive all my emails through my gmail, and i want to send replies back to the senders with alternate accounts, such as my college email or work email.

Your issue is about fowarding, because you are having your college email forwarded to your gmail.

When you use the BlackBerry to forward an email, you can choose the "send using" at the top of the email.

If the college email is not registered on the BIS account, you can not a) receive from that account b) reply from that account or c) forward from that account.

1. If any post helps you please click the Like Button below the post(s) that helped you.
2. Please resolve your thread by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
3. Install free BlackBerry Protect today for backups of contacts and data.
4. Guide to Unlocking your BlackBerry & Unlock Codes
Join our BBM Channels (Beta)
BlackBerry Support Forums Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code