Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

Contributor
My Device: storm 9530
My Carrier: airtel

Need Help ***********URGENT***********

Hi team, after searching the internet for so long it seems here is where I will get my issue resolved.... Im unable to activate internet on my blacberry storm 9530 i activated theplan with my carrier airtel though when I send hrt message to regsiter I do not receive a response.. What is wierd is I can not even launch the broswer Smiley Frustrated

Hall of Famer III
My Device: DTEK50 (AAH108), PRIV (AAH995), Z10/Z30/Q10 (10.3.2.2813), Playbook (2.1.0.1917)
My Carrier: TMobile USA

Re: Need Help ***********URGENT***********

Hi and Welcome to the Community!

Actually, the place to resolve this is with Airtel...it is their network onto which you are attempting to register you BB. The failure of the HRT process precludes anything else from functioning. If Airtel cannot resolve it, they have the ability (indeed, responsibility!) to escalate into RIM at no cost to you...you have no other channel by which to receive (for free) any formal support from RIM, only via escalation. No one on this user-to-user community has any access to anything "behind the scenes"...it's in Airtel's hands.

But first...are your voice services working via AirTel? If not, then attempting data services would also be pointless.

Good luck and let us know!

Occam's Razor nearly always applies when troubleshooting technology issues!

New to the Community? Click here and also here for helpful guidance. Also please click here for additional helpful information to guide you as you proceed. I always recommend that you treat your BlackBerry like any other computing device, including using a regular backup schedule...click here for an article with instructions. If anyone has been helpful to you, please show your appreciation by clicking the button. Need a reference to BB10 OS/SR versions? Click here. Need a specific BB10 AutoLoader? Send me a private message.

...................................................... ......................................................
Contributor

Hey thanks, your reply relieved me. Voice services are active and sms as well . I tried reaching AIRTEL though they seem like not aware of what to do. You know the feeling now with my BB is like having money in the acccount and unable to withdraw it. 

The reason reply relieved me , I contaced airtel  this morning explained them they said they can try deactivating GPRS on my phone if it is active and HRT would be registered. Sounds odd to me, though as nothing is working out I had to trust them. So i have my fingers crossed and would wait till 09:00 am 6/6/2012 to hear from them. Smiley Happy

Solutions: 6,380
My Device: Passport • Z30 • Z10 • Torch9850 • Playbook
My Carrier: Verizon

Actually, I hate to burst your bubble... but the 9530 is going to be EXTREMELY difficult to get working on Airtel.

The 9530 is a CDMA network device. Airtel is a GSM network.

The 9530 has the GSM bands for phone (voice and SMS), but the data is not going to be easy to activate. Not easy at all. And, when/if you do get data working, you will only have EDGE speed data, not 3G.

Follow the directions in the initial post in this thread:

http://www.blackberryforums.com/general-9500-series-discussion-storm/180267-unlocked-storm-t-t-mobil...

Follow the EXACTLY has written. The difference will be that in stead of Tmobile or ATT service books, you will need those from Airtel, and you will need to extract the Airtel service books yourself (instructions are buried further in that linked thread).

10% chance you'll get it working.

So, again, sorry to burst your bubble, but unless you're extremely patient and uber-techy, go get a non-CDMA device to use.

1. If any post helps you please click the Like Button below the post(s) that helped you.
2. Please resolve your thread by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
3. Install free BlackBerry Protect today for backups of contacts and data.
4. Guide to Unlocking your BlackBerry & Unlock Codes
Join our BBM Channels (Beta)
BlackBerry Support Forums Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code

Oh, and if this is Airtel in India, don't even try. Won't work.

Too many in this forum have clearly stated they won't work on Airtel.

1. If any post helps you please click the Like Button below the post(s) that helped you.
2. Please resolve your thread by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
Knowledge Base Updates
Contributor

I was expecting a response from youSmiley Happy I am glad you did.Im trying what you said now. will let you know in a little while about the results.

I have already been patient so I guess it will bear the fruit sooner or later.

Thanks for being curt though honestly I already checked all the cons and prons and I guess it would work but as you said I need to be patient Smiley Happy Will get in touch soon.

Contributor

Indyeah ! LMFAO ..India yes that is where I am trying to use it. Please wish me luck . Im gonna break it

Luck.  and miracles to you.

Knowledge Base Updates
Contributor

Thanks again, though If I dont make it. I would again get back to you Smiley Very Happy

Hall of Famer III
My Device: DTEK50 (AAH108), PRIV (AAH995), Z10/Z30/Q10 (10.3.2.2813), Playbook (2.1.0.1917)
My Carrier: TMobile USA

Oops...I missed that subtlety (9530 attempt on Airtel India)...indeed challenging at best, unsuccessful at most likely.

Occam's Razor nearly always applies when troubleshooting technology issues!

New to the Community? Click here and also here for helpful guidance. Also please click here for additional helpful information to guide you as you proceed. I always recommend that you treat your BlackBerry like any other computing device, including using a regular backup schedule...click here for an article with instructions. If anyone has been helpful to you, please show your appreciation by clicking the button. Need a reference to BB10 OS/SR versions? Click here. Need a specific BB10 AutoLoader? Send me a private message.

...................................................... ......................................................