Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

Contributor
My Device: Blackberry 8330 Curve

Need Help with Outlook 2007

I am a newbie and need help on how do I set up my Blackberry 8330 Curve to work with the Intenet Explorer & Outlook 2007? Your help wpould be greatly appreciated.
Highlighted
Forums Advisor III
My Device: 8300

Re: Need Help with Outlook 2007

Hi,

Email:

Set up a BIS account (you'll need to contact your provider to ensure that your paying for a BIS service!) 

Email will arrive to the messages icon. This is a COPY of the ISP emails before they arrive to the Outlook. Or you can use Desktop Redirector and Outlook but you will need to leave your PC running all the time for this to work, so I dont see the point. Just use the BIS instead.

REMEMBER: Once you download the email to your Outlook, the BB handset cant delete them from the server - the Outlook is not the server - your ISP has the mail server.

Explorer:

Blackberry Browser/INternet Browser/WAP portal are different browsers that are available on the handsets. Rememebr that all mobile devices do NOT access the Internet as on your PC! They access a subset of the internet effectively called the Mobile Internet. Web pages need to be specially formatted to be viewed on the small screeened devices and as s cuh cannot be viewed correctluy. Modern webpages cannnot be viewed at all as they run java/javascript/flash programs on the browser to show ads/other efffects on the webpoages and so these will not work on the MBB.

Dont expect a Full laptop screen on a Tiny Monbile handset. That way you wont be dissapointed when your expectations are dashed(!)

Your carrier will be able to connect you to  the Blackberrry Web browser service. 

Hope that helps. 

Checked out my Blackberry FAQ's and Links to Needed Articles here
http://darkeen.homelinux.com/index.php/Blackberryfaq