Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

New Contributor
My Device: Bold 9650
My Carrier: Verizon

Need Refund for non-working app

I downloaded a Theme from BB App World for my BB Bold 9650 with OS 6. Theme was supposed to work with OS 4.5+. Theme wouldn't install. I contacted vendor for support. They said the Theme doesn't work with OS 6 after all and I should get my refund by contacting BB App World support. Maybe I'm dumb but there's literally NO WAY to e-mail or call to request a refund. BB Support phone (877-255-2377) has no way to reach a human.

Does anyone know how to request a refund from BB App world. If there is really no way then I need to warn everyone not to purchase items from BB App World since they represent an app as appropriate for your phone and then are impossible to contact when that app doesn't work. I guess I'll be making my purchases from Crackberry from now on.

Hall of Famer III
My Device: DTEK50 (AAI82), PRIV (AAI795), Z10/Z30/Q10 (10.3.2.2813), Playbook (2.1.0.1917)
My Carrier: TMobile USA

Re: Need Refund for non-working app

Hi and Welcome to the Forums!

The way to receive any formal support, including requesting a refund, is through your wireless service provider. All support and services come through them, so they are your channel to request a refund. Now, that said, you may have to convince them of that fact...there are plenty of posts here from folks who have tried to work with their carrier and the initial people they spoke to were clueless. We all keep hoping that the carriers will properly train their staff. But, you will need to be persistent.

You also can lodge a complaint via your payment route -- PayPal, your credit card, or whatever means you used to pay.

Good luck!

Occam's Razor nearly always applies when troubleshooting technology issues!

New to the Community? Click here and also here for helpful guidance. Also please click here for additional helpful information to guide you as you proceed. I always recommend that you treat your BlackBerry like any other computing device, including using a regular backup schedule...click here for an article with instructions. If anyone has been helpful to you, please show your appreciation by clicking the button. Need a reference to BB10 OS/SR versions? Click here. Need a specific BB10 AutoLoader? Send me a private message.

...................................................... ......................................................
New Contributor

Thanks for the quick and kind response. I have asked my provider for help twice with no success. It seems odd that my provider (Verison W) would be responsible for getting me a refund on 3rd party software that I purchased through a store owned by the phone manufacturer (BB). I will try again but it doesn't seem logical.

Part 2 of my question is why oh why doesn't the Blackberry Apps store have an e-mail address or phone number for customer support. I will NEVER purchase anything from BB Apps again!

Hall of Famer III
My Device: DTEK50 (AAI82), PRIV (AAI795), Z10/Z30/Q10 (10.3.2.2813), Playbook (2.1.0.1917)
My Carrier: TMobile USA

Hello again...

As I said, you must be persistent with them...not all of the reps know how things work.

As for it being odd...well, think of it this way. All of your services come to you via your carrier network. You in no way connect directly to anything that is purely RIM. Everything that transpires between you and RIM does so via your carriers network. The way the carriers and RIM have worked out their contractual arrangements, all front line support starts with the carriers...for everything.

As for wondering why there is no method for you to contact AppWorld directly...well, the same answer applies as well. All support starts with the carriers. The only way to receive any free support directly from RIM is to be escalated to RIM by your carrier.

That's just the way it works.

Good luck!

Occam's Razor nearly always applies when troubleshooting technology issues!

New to the Community? Click here and also here for helpful guidance. Also please click here for additional helpful information to guide you as you proceed. I always recommend that you treat your BlackBerry like any other computing device, including using a regular backup schedule...click here for an article with instructions. If anyone has been helpful to you, please show your appreciation by clicking the button. Need a reference to BB10 OS/SR versions? Click here. Need a specific BB10 AutoLoader? Send me a private message.

...................................................... ......................................................
Visitor

Re: Need Refund for non-working app - HELP FOR YOU

Hi, re; 

BlackBerry Commerce Refunds

I, too had this VERY same issue with an app and at a loss WHERE to contact BB about this fraud! Not until I got the emailed invoice and scoured it into VERY find print near the copyright did I find "refunds" ... The product I had the issue with was:

Green Lighter

by Debasish Rath

Here's the link I applied for my refund: 

https://consumersupport.webapps.blackberry.com/blackberrycommerce/

Here's BB app support page that also has a link to the above:

http://us.blackberry.com/support/apps-and-software/app-world.html

I have completed this refund form and filed the request but don't know the result but at least it is some help for you, too!

You will need all the info on the invoice from BlackBerry World that was emailed to you at the time of the purchase.

Order number, the product name, your BB PIN -- contact info and the like.

I also plan to dispute this with my Mastercard once no longer pending and have emailed the email in the invoice for "support" from the app seller ... -- I have reviewed the product on BB world with 1 star and a warning to other buyers .... and am posting here of my trouble with this app seller. All of this is backup with a dispute for the Mastercard. If indeed the amount was charged through your carrier and not PAYPAL or a Credit card then I don't understand either how my carrier will help me solve this! The BB invoice states the very same fact.

Sadly I didn't realize that although this app had no ratings -- the sellers other apps all had bad ratings. They just created a NEW one ... I also have completely deleted the app from my phone (not just UNINSTALL) as it could be a scam or worse. 

Be careful and I hope this helps you, too!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Thanks for posting, it was a help last night when I realized I paid for a fraudulent app. -- the first one I have ever paid for. Surely making this SO much worse.