Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

My Device: BLACKBERRY BOLD 9900
My Carrier: bell mobility

Need advice big charging problem

OK so I got my b bold 9900 3 months ago and at first it kept freezing and wont except my memory card anymore and now IM having charging issues with it.The other night my wall charger was overheating after 10 minutes of use and wouldn't charge my phone anymore so I was forced to unplug it the next day I charged it in my computer port and worked OK. Now the phone charges in the computer port but as soon as I go on the phone it will not charge anymore :s and same for the car charger :s im up to the point I don't know what to do with this stupid phone and last night it wouldn't call or let me text I had to take the batteries out im starting to hate bb help.............

Highlighted
Retired
My Device: BlackBerry Z10 smartphone

Re: Need advice big charging problem

Hi melisssa2012,

Welcome to the BlackBerry Support Community.

To rule out any possible software issue that may be causing these issues, please try to back up your data using the BlackBerry® Desktop Software and perform a clean reload of your BlackBerry® Device Software. For further instructions, please see the following KB articles.

For Windows®: "How to perform a clean reload of the BlackBerry Device Software for Windows" http://bbry.lv/GI9beY
For Mac: "Perform a clean reload of BlackBerry smartphone application software using BlackBerry Desktop Software on a Mac computer" http://bbry.lv/J0UN1U

Please test to make sure the issue has been resolved before restoring any data from your backup file.
If you are still having issues charging after performing these steps, I would recommend testing with another battery if possible.

Please let me know if this helps.

-FS

Come follow your BlackBerry Technical Team on Twitter! @BlackBerryHelp

Be sure to click Kudos! for those who have helped you.

Click Solution? for posts that have solved your issue(s)!