Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

New Contributor
My Device: Curve 8320 Titanium

Re: Need help downloading Blackberry App World onto computer

let me clarify what I just said:  no data plan, no downloading app world onto your blackberry by ANY means.  period.  can't use wi-fi, can't use USB, nothing - you MUST subscribe to a data plan either through your wireless company or through blackberry or you can't use app world.

which is why I say fail.

New Contributor
My Device: Curve

I am soo confused! What is a data plan? like what does it consist of? I have wireless internet or w.e. and i can d/l anything...it doesnt cost me extra...so i am confused
Guru I
My Device: Passport, Playbook, 9320BES
My Carrier: Bouygues _ SFR

hello AshleyB21.

I wil summarize all the previous messages :

AppWorld is an application that you install on your device. Once installed, you need a working Paypal account with a valid credit card attached, and you need what is called a "BlackBerry Data Plan", which is a specific subscription that you can buy at your carrier. a regular web plan is not always enough (it depends on the carrier).

to install AppWorld on your device, you can either directly download it from the browser inside your BlackBerry, or use a specific feature of Windows Internet Explorer (in that case you need to tether your device to your PC).

for ease of use, you can browse AppWord from a computer, and when you find an application you like, you can click on the "send email" button so that you get a specific link on your BlackBerry, that enables you to install the application through the AppWorld.

AppWorld requires a data plan and do not work through Wi-Fi.

If you want to install applications using Wi-Fi, you can use another store like Mobihand or bplay or Handango or getJAR.

The search box on top-right of this page is your true friend, and the public Knowledge Base too:
New Contributor
My Device: Curve

Yes, I understand all of that. But I want to be able to get App World onto my computer! so that I can then put it onto my BB. I know that I have to have my BB plugged into the USB on my computer...but it is not letting me put it onto my computer in the first place! That is my dilema.

Guru I
My Device: Passport, Playbook, 9320BES
My Carrier: Bouygues _ SFR

AshleyB21 wrote:

But I want to be able to get App World onto my computer!

you can't.

AshleyB21 wrote:

so that I can then put it onto my BB.

You can't.

AshleyB21 wrote:

I know that I have to have my BB plugged into the USB on my computer...but it is not letting me put it onto my computer in the first place!

Please re-read my message.

• you can install AppWorld directly using the BlackBerry, and without a PC.
  • you can install AppWorld using a PC-Windows, through Internet Explorer (technically it uses an ActiveX). It will not install AppWorld on your PC at all.

The search box on top-right of this page is your true friend, and the public Knowledge Base too:
Highlighted
Hall of Famer III
My Device: PRIV (6.0.1/AAF518), Z10/Z30/Q10 (10.3.2.2813), Playbook (2.1.0.1526)
My Carrier: TMobile USA

Xandrex wrote:
  • you can install AppWorld using a PC-Windows, through Internet Explorer (technically it uses an ActiveX). It will not install AppWorld on your PC at all.

And just to elaborate a little more, the only function the PC serves in this method is as a conduit between the RIM website and the BB...nothing concerning AppWorld gets installed to the PC...nothing. The only thing that might install to the PC is the ActiveX controller which faciliates the PC being the conduit. But AppWorld itself exists only on the BB.

Occam's Razor nearly always applies when troubleshooting technology issues!

New to the Community? Click here and also here for helpful guidance. Also please click here for additional helpful information to guide you as you proceed. I always recommend that you treat your BlackBerry like any other computing device, including using a regular backup schedule...click here for an article with instructions. If anyone has been helpful to you, please show your appreciation by clicking the button. Need a reference to BB10 OS/SR versions? Click here. Need a specific BB10 AutoLoader? Send me a private message.

...................................................... ......................................................