Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

Highlighted
New Contributor
My Device: Not Specified
Accepted Solution

Need help on deciding on a memory card!

I know that my 8330 can take up to 8 gb according to my box and what verizon told me so I am looking to upgrade to the largest I can. I found that there are 2 diffent versions of micro SD now and that the newer one is not backwards compatible so anything that is using the regular micro SD cannot use it. it is called, Micro SD SDHC which I guess is a high cappacity version of the older micro SD. What I want to know is, can I use this Micro SD SDHC on my Blackberry 8330 since it says it is not backwards compatible or is the 8330 able to run it?

Thanks

Guru II
My Device: BlackBerry PRIV; BlackBerry Z30, Z10 and Q10 w/OS 10.3.2.2639; PlayBook w/OS 2.1.0.1917
My Carrier: AT&T

Re: Need help on deciding on a memory card!

Anything bigger than 2Gb is MicroSDHC.  It simply stands for High Capacity.  You can use the Micro SDHC.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
1. Please thank those who help you by clicking the "Like" button at the bottom of the post that helped you.
2. If your issue has been solved, please resolve it by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
New Contributor

Providing that your answer is correct I have clicked you as accepted and KUDO's have been issued.

Thanks

Guru II
My Device: BlackBerry PRIV; BlackBerry Z30, Z10 and Q10 w/OS 10.3.2.2639; PlayBook w/OS 2.1.0.1917
My Carrier: AT&T

[ Edited ]
Thank you!  microSD and microSDHC both work fine in your BB.  Good luck!
Message Edited by John_Clark on 09-24-2008 11:41 PM

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
1. Please thank those who help you by clicking the "Like" button at the bottom of the post that helped you.
2. If your issue has been solved, please resolve it by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
Contributor

[ Edited ]
i found a company that has great prices on memory cards. i got a 4g card for $16. (8g is $32) might want to check them out.  www.cellphoneshop.com     at the prices local shops wanted, these were great deals. i dont work for them just figured everyone might want to save some money in these hard times.
Message Edited by marcus39 on 09-25-2008 09:16 AM