Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

New Contributor
My Device: blackberry curve 8900
My Carrier: Digicel saint lucia

Need help phone wont turn on

Bought a new battery for my blackberry 8900 curve however it brings up and empty battery sign with the lightinging bolt  across it but doesnt charge same thing happened to a previous battery why i bought a new one have left it on for a day on the charge and still nothing. read forums however cant seem to get the battery to charge and phone to turn on. someone please help me

Highlighted
Elite II
My Device: Curve
My Carrier: BSNL

Re: Need help phone wont turn on

Hello Marvin123

Welcome to BlackBerry Support Forums

Have you tried to Reload your device Software ! You should try that to rule out any software issue with your device,try this KB and see if that allows you to update / reload your device Software :

KB03621 : How to Reload BlackBerry Device Software and application using BlackBerry Desktop Software.

If Desktop Software is unable to detect your device while trying the above method , then you have to use application loader to load the OS back in your device , for that you have to follow this KB, but this method deletes all data within our device , if you have a previous backup you can go ahead.

KB10144  : How to force the detection of the BlackBerry smartphone using Application Loader.

Click " Like " if you want to Thank someone.
If Problem Resolves mark the post(s) as " Solution ", so that other can make use of it.
New Contributor
My Device: blackberry curve 8900
My Carrier: Digicel saint lucia

keeps saying device isnt connected and phone wont turn on even when put on a charger shows the charging sign however the battery doesnt charge placed 3 different batteries in it and still the same thing kept the new battery on a charger for 1 day straight and nothing.

Elite II
My Device: Curve
My Carrier: BSNL

Hello Marvin123

Have you tried the second Knowledge Base I suggested to reload yopur device Software ? If not please try it .

Click " Like " if you want to Thank someone.
If Problem Resolves mark the post(s) as " Solution ", so that other can make use of it.