Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

Highlighted
New Contributor
My Device: Blackberry Storm 9530
My Carrier: Verizon
Accepted Solution

Need help with Storm 9530 Uncaught exception: java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError

[ Edited ]

Hi, everyone. I have a Storm 9530 which I downloaded the BB App World upgrade 3.1.0.56 software to and now I am unable to use the App World. After the upgrade I received a message "Uncaught exception: java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError", so I clicked the OK then I got a message that the installation was completed successfully. Things that I have done to try and fix the error include: removing and re-downloading the software, removing the battery, downgrading the software, and using the desktop software to restore the phone to a backup that predated the download. All of these attempts were done numerous times to no avail. The attempt to downgrade just kept reinstalling the same version, and the restore didn't affect that particular software. I have no clue where to go from here. Any help will be greatly appreciated, as I am sitting here scratching my head at my wits end.

Note:

Desktop software version: 6.1.0.35

Blackberry Software: 5.0 Bundle 508 (v5.0.0.328, Platform 4.2.0.128).

Trusted Contributor
My Device: playbook 16g,32g, 64g (use this every day still), 2-z10's, Passport
My Carrier: Telus

Re: Need help with Storm 9530 Uncaught exception: java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError

I'm having the same problem with my daughter's phone.  I'm guessing this is something new but don't know.  She has never downloaded app world and I just did to show her what she could get as an app for free.  I'm interested in help too.  I haven't tried anything to the extent the previous poster has but at least I know those probably won't work.

Trusted Contributor

Re: Need help with Storm 9530 Uncaught exception: java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError

this is a problem with a solution further down the list of problems. take a look and try what they suggest.
Trusted Contributor

look for the solution from bifocals
New Contributor

jefferyh,

I appreciate your assistance. I tried the bifocals solution; however, it didn't work for my phone. Unless I looked at the wrong post the person in that post had a different error message and is using different software. I am using desktop software version 6.1.0.35. My BB is using 5.0 Bundle 508 (v5.0.0.328, Platform 4.2.0.128). To add to the meyham, after trying the aforementioned solution, now I have no apps and am unable to find a way to put them back. I have also noticed now there is a "Blackberry 5.0.0 Core Applications" update that for some reason will not download to the phone. Do you have any other ideas that may work?

New Contributor
My Device: Strom 9530
My Carrier: Vodafone

The same thing happened to me. When I updated the App BlacBerry Word soon appeared to me the following error:

Uncaught exception:
java.lang.NoClassDefFound
Error

And do not let me access this application.

Can you help me?
New Contributor

ramirojorge

I still haven't gotten a fix for mine, but as soon as I do, I will post. I would appreciate it also if you find a fix let me know through this post. Good luck. 

New Contributor
My Device: Strom 9530
My Carrier: Vodafone

Of course, once I know I put some information here....
Trusted Contributor

unfortunately I'm not the expert here.  I'm working on my daughter's phone and have no access to the desktop software on her computer so I haven't tried it yet. Bifocals solution was mearly to reload the operating system through your desktop software. This is from what I gathered by looking through other topics with the exact same problem a known problem and an old one.  The fix is here we just need to find the right thread.  I'm busy at the moment but when I get a moment of free time I will copy and paste the solution here

New Contributor
My Device: storm 9530
My Carrier: telus

[ Edited ]

have same problem since i upgraded app world. tried every thing u did and even have phone provider try. still getting same error. have u learned anything yet?

there is no phone # to call for live support.

Is there a newer os version for the 9530? Have version 5 .0.0.419 now.