Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

New Contributor
My Device: Bold 9900
My Carrier: Vodafone UK

Need to put new sim into Bold 9900 - dont want to lose my data

I've got a Bold 9900 with a Vodafone UK sim in it. I am abroad and switching to a local carrier. Whenever i load the phone with the new carrier, it asks me for my blackberry ID password and everytime input it, it comes back blank because it can't verify it via any internet. It then gives me the option of erasing all my data - i really dont want to do this and backing everything is a hassle. Is there any way around this??:/

Forums Advisor III
My Device: BlackBerry Z10 OS Leaked 10.2.0.1725 | STL100-2
My Carrier: Globe Telecom

Re: Need to put new sim into Bold 9900 - dont want to lose my data

humzaay wrote:

I've got a Bold 9900 with a Vodafone UK sim in it. I am abroad and switching to a local carrier. Whenever i load the phone with the new carrier, it asks me for my blackberry ID password and everytime input it, it comes back blank because it can't verify it via any internet. It then gives me the option of erasing all my data - i really dont want to do this and backing everything is a hassle. Is there any way around this??:/

Hi humzaay,

Delete your Service Book. Read this article.

How to clear and refresh the service book database if the BlackBerry smartphone is unable to send or...

Stop in Task 2. Remove your battery and SIM. Insert your new / local SIM and reinsert the battery.

Hope that helps.

Good luck!

Please thank those who help you by clicking the button.
If your issue has been solved, please resolve it by marking "Accept as Solution"