Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

New Contributor
My Device: torch 9800
My Carrier: bell aliant

Need to restore contact phone numbers to my Torch..HELP!!

Hi!...I had my phone sent away for repair and I had my contacts on my SIM card (i guess thats how they were restored on there?) but there are no phone numbers.  Last time my ohone wiped itself clean it automatically restored when i setup my email again. now when I try to restore i get

"A verification email will be sent to *myemailaddress.gmail.com* to confirm that it belongs to you"

Sure...no problem, i hit continue and then i get

"The verification email could not be sent.  Please make sure *myemailaddress@gmail.com* is a valid email address and try again later"

I am SO frusterated...I know there is a way to restore..I just cant puzzle it together.  I use blackberry protect and it wont restore contacts because it says it is already being done by a wireless service....and when I back up via desktop manager...for some reason none of my previous back ups are there.  I'm stumped.  Please, please help....we all know how long it takes to get everyones phone numbers typed in there again...and some you never get back!

thanks so much for your help!

Jess

Forums Veteran I
My Device: BlackBerry 9900
My Carrier: AT&T

Re: Need to restore contact phone numbers to my Torch..HELP!!

[ Edited ]

Welcome to the forums, Jess.

Your backups should still be there.  Most likely they are in C:\Documents and Settings\[yourcomputername}\My Documents\BlackBerry\Backup.  Have a look there, then that's where you'd point Desktop Manager to recover your contacts.

You can also search on your computer for files that end in .ipd, which are the BlackBerry backup files.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
*** If I've been helpful please consider clicking the LIKE BUTTON beneath my post.
*** Please remember to mark your thread as "Resolved" by clicking on OPTIONS to the right of the post and selecting "Accepted Solution."
New Contributor
My Device: torch 9800
My Carrier: bell aliant

Re: Need to restore contact phone numbers to my Torch..HELP!!

Thank you! they were not there.....i am sure i backed up in july when i had to do a software upgrade but its not there.  i guess its possible i didnt do one...at any rate..i know where to look for next time. i very much appreciate your help!!!

thanks!

Jess