Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

My Device: Not Specified
Accepted Solution

Network messages

I loaded up the desktop software onto my work computer (only using the phone for personal email) and keep getting the message below pinging to my work Outlook despite uninstalling the software over a week ago:

This message is used to carry data between the BlackBerry handheld and an associated server. Please do not delete, move or respond to this message - it will be processed by the server.

This also comes with an ETP.DAT file attached and is coming through 40-50 times a day which is a pain. Does anyone know how to remove / stop it please.

Thanks

Rupert

Solutions: 6,357
My Device: Passport • Z30 • Z10 • Torch9850 • Playbook
My Carrier: Verizon

Re: Network messages

Reason : You have installed Desktop Manager using the 'Desktop Redirector' option.

Step 1: If you're not using Redirector, you should uninstall Desktop Manager and then reinstall it using the BlackBerry Internet Service option.

Step 2: On your device, go to: Options > Advanced > Service Book, and delete all service books for [Desktop]
>> NEW! 10% discount on BlackBerry devices from ShopBlackBerry.com, including PRIV

1. If any post helps you please click the Like Button below the post(s) that helped you.
2. Please resolve your thread by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
3. Install free BlackBerry Protect today for backups of contacts and data.
4. Guide to Unlocking your BlackBerry & Unlock Codes
Join our BBM Channels (Beta)
BlackBerry Support Forums Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code
My Device: Not Specified

Thanks for the advice and the speedy response. Much appreciated. Your advice seems to have solved the problem which is great.

KR

Rupert

PS. Not sure if you wanted me to click on Kudos but it wasn't active on my screen.

Highlighted
New Contributor
My Device: BB Tour 9630

I have a lot of service books on my BB, which do I delete?  All of them? 

This message is happening on both mine and my husbands new 9630 BB's, I have the Email Setting Icon, and he doesn't

HELP