Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

Contributor
My Device: Not Specified
Accepted Solution

Network supplier change over

I purchased my BBC89 from the orange website but am thinking of changing from orange to vodafone, due to very poor customer service from orange. What i need to know is, if i do change to vodafone, will i still be able to call BB if i have a problem via vodafone, as i used to be able to speak to BB Customer Services via calling the free 450 number on my handset to speak to a orange Customer Service rep, and then they would transfer me over to the BB support teams?
Solutions: 6,380
My Device: Passport • Z30 • Z10 • Torch9850 • Playbook
My Carrier: Verizon

Re: Network supplier change over

Each carrier provides their own initial customer support and "should" escalate any issues beyond their ability to a higher level RIM tech as required. Vodafone does the same.

1. If any post helps you please click the Like Button below the post(s) that helped you.
2. Please resolve your thread by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
3. Install free BlackBerry Protect today for backups of contacts and data.
4. Guide to Unlocking your BlackBerry & Unlock Codes
Join our BBM Channels (Beta)
BlackBerry Support Forums Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code
Contributor
My Device: Not Specified

Thanks for the info. I went into a vodafone shop today and reiterated your end message about unblocking the phone, as i was informed that i would need to do this.

Also, the shop assistant said that as i am on PAYG, i wouldn't be able to access BB support oin vodafone PAYG as vodafone does not have this service! As well as informing me that i wouldn't be able to access the Internet or email services on their network.

It's worth everyone knows this information for future purposes if you are thinking of upgrading or changing networks. So, lesson for the day is: DON'T BUY A BB FROM ORANGE  AS YOU ARE TRULY STUCK WITH THEM. Is there a number or email address for BB as it's worth speaking to them about this?

Highlighted
Solutions: 6,380
My Device: Passport • Z30 • Z10 • Torch9850 • Playbook
My Carrier: Verizon

klantee wrote:

Also, the shop assistant said that as i am on PAYG, i wouldn't be able to access BB support oin vodafone PAYG as vodafone does not have this service! As well as informing me that i wouldn't be able to access the Internet or email services on their network.

Klantee, this is not a RIM, it is a "user" problem. Vodafone requires a contract plan for the Data Package. You can't have the BlackBerry Data services on a PAYG package, I think there is only one or two carriers in the world who allow this. Orange is one who does.

So, you, as the user, needs to get a BlackBerry Data Package from Vodafone. Tha's the solution.

klantee wrote:
It's worth everyone knows this information for future purposes if you are thinking of upgrading or changing networks. So, lesson for the day is: DON'T BUY A BB FROM ORANGE  AS YOU ARE TRULY STUCK WITH THEM. Is there a number or email address for BB as it's worth speaking to them about this?

Many many users have Orange BlackBerry devices they can use on Vodafone and other networks, and have BlackBerry service.

Good luck.

1. If any post helps you please click the Like Button below the post(s) that helped you.
2. Please resolve your thread by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
3. Install free BlackBerry Protect today for backups of contacts and data.
4. Guide to Unlocking your BlackBerry & Unlock Codes
Join our BBM Channels (Beta)
BlackBerry Support Forums Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code