Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

New Contributor
My Device: Storm 2 9550
My Carrier: T-Mobile

New 9550 will not charge

My new 9550 will not charge.

When the battery is inserted the screen shows a battery with a red cross. It worked once and I monitored to see the charging work. Then soon after turning off the unit and restarting, it would no longer charge. Any suggestions?

Hall of Famer III
My Device: PRIV (6.0.1/AAG111), Z10/Z30/Q10 (10.3.2.2813), Playbook (2.1.0.1526)
My Carrier: TMobile USA

Re: New 9550 will not charge

Hello,

You will need access to several things, and they each must be 100% known good (as in, they worked for someone else just fine).

1) Obtain a known-good identical battery...put it into your unit...see what happens.

2) Obtain a known-good identical BB...put your battery into it...see what happens.

3) Obtain a known-good wall charger...use it in the above two scenarios...see what happens.

The results will tell you if your battery is bad, your charger is bad, or your BB is bad.

Lastly...technically, there is no such thing as a "new 9550"...they haven't been manufactured for a while. As such, I'd surmise that it's "new to you", but perhaps not "new in the world". If it turns out that your BB is bad, then your recourse will be with whoever you obtained it from, and they likely have no warranty left either (given the age of the device).

Good luck!

Occam's Razor nearly always applies when troubleshooting technology issues!

New to the Community? Click here and also here for helpful guidance. Also please click here for additional helpful information to guide you as you proceed. I always recommend that you treat your BlackBerry like any other computing device, including using a regular backup schedule...click here for an article with instructions. If anyone has been helpful to you, please show your appreciation by clicking the button. Need a reference to BB10 OS/SR versions? Click here. Need a specific BB10 AutoLoader? Send me a private message.

...................................................... ......................................................