Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

Guru I
My Device: Passport, Playbook, 9320BES
My Carrier: Bouygues _ SFR

Re: New App world version 2.1.2.15

I am not familiar with the Wi-Fi setup of AppWorld. For facebook, you can download it outside AppWorld : use your BlackBerry browser and go to https://m.facebook.com/ . You will have a link to download the app.

The search box on top-right of this page is your true friend, and the public Knowledge Base too:
New Contributor
My Device: Blackberry 8520
My Carrier: Smart Telecommunications-Philippines

Thanks for the info about downloading Facebook.

I turned on my BIS and now AppWorld is working just fine-finally!

But I lost my contacts because my last back-ups did not show up in the new version of the Blackberry Desktop Manager for Mac. Thankfully I had backups stashed somewhere else. Though backups were in .bbb format I converted it to zip (as one forum I found suggested) and then opened it in Microsoft Excel for Mac. still in the middle of editing it finding my way through the rubbish that came along with the contacts. Editing the contacts...saved it in csv format with can be imported in Mac's address book and from there i can sync it to my Blackberry again....learned my lesson to keep more records (e.g. txt file or csv file of my contacts; aside from just the Blackberry back-ups) just in case.

Hope everybody in this forum was able to fix their AppWorld issue.

I also hope that RIM will issue a WARNING to those phones who don't have Blackberry OS 5 yet that they may encounter the same problem we had. Better yet I hope RIM issues a security patch to fix the problem for the other OS 4.6 users and other OS versions users too.  

New Contributor
My Device: Curve 8520
My Carrier: Cellc

Hi guys, i followed what the other's have said, i updated my blackberry 8520 device OS to v 5, using my pc and after downloading app world again, the icon is now back. The whole process took approx 25mins.

It looks like the only viable solution using a curve 8520 is to upgrade the OS.

Good luck guys.

:-)

Contributor
My Device: curve 8520
My Carrier: vodafone

Hey guys I've had the same problem as every1 else with appworld so now I'm gonna try & attempt what every1 else has tried 2 get it back I hav an 8520 & I'm not tht tech savy so how don't I upgrade 2 os5 watever tht is?????
Guru I

@ainemcc85 : just install version 2.1.2.19. no need to upgrade any OS now.

The search box on top-right of this page is your true friend, and the public Knowledge Base too:
Highlighted
New Contributor
My Device: Curve 8520
My Carrier: Claro

YEAHH!!!! Finally!! Upgrading to version 2.1.2.19 is the final solution. You may want to try it. jejjee

By the way, too much time to get it fixed

Contributor
My Device: curve 8520

Thnk u but how do I do tht exactly lol?
Guru I

juliogonzaleslds wrote:

By the way, too much time to get it fixed

version 2.1.2.15 was released on May 14th, and was compatible with OS5 and OS6 only.

version 2.1.2.19 was released on May 24th, bringing back compatiblity with OS4.

10 days is not "too much time".

Contributor
My Device: curve 9220

Hi all!

now this 2.1.2.19 is working, I have got my App. icon back... thank you!

but now the problem is am not able to run "Friend chat-facebook chating" in my 8520Smiley Sad

is somebody help me out activate my facebook chating on my BB??

Guru I

to use Facebook Chat, you need a Facebook Chat client. There are 8 available on the AppWorld:
https://appworld.blackberry.com/webstore/search/facebook/category/81?lang=en

you cannot do Facebook Chat with the "Facebook application for BlackBerry smartphones".