Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

New Contributor
My Device: World Edition
My Carrier: Verizon

New BB Bold

Can someone help me answer some questions about the new bold:

1. It's features say iTunes ready - what does this mean exactly? Can it be synced with iTunes like an iPhone? How is the music fidelity compared to an iPhone?

2. If yes to 1, can it also bookmark? I listen to very long talking books and need the ability to bookmark my MP3 files so I don't have to waste time picking up the spot where I left off

3. I assume like all BB phones, this can be tethered? If so, can it be tethered and voice active at he same time? i..e surf and talk on it simultaneously?

4. How are the tether speeds? How do they compare with a broadband connection? 

5. Does BB have the ability now to have multiple enterprise activations? What do people do when they have 3-4 email exchanges to work on e.g. if you work for multiple clients? I know I can forward the emails but that is not the same as syncing with the MS Exchange server.

Many thanks!

Elite I
My Device: 9800 - OS

Re: New BB Bold

Check out the documentation of the media sync program here

Check out this KB article about how to tether a BlackBerry as a modem. I've never tried to use voice while tethered so I'm not sure about that. http://www.blackberry.com/btsc/KB05178

The speeds depend on which device you have. For instance a Bold on a 3G network will be faster than one on an EDGE network. When I tried it it was faster than dialup but not as faster as say a cable modem.

Check out this article about multiple BES accounts on one device

If someone has been helpful please consider giving them kudos by clicking the star to the left of their post.
Remember to resolve your thread by clicking Accepted Solution.
New Contributor
My Device: 9780
My Carrier: Fido

Re: New BB Bold

Regarding long mp3 bookmarks.  (my experience with 9780).

I had the requirement that when playing long MP3s (audiobook/podcast) I don't loose my place within the MP3. I am able to update the list of MP3s without loosing my place in the currently playing one. I don't loose my place when connecting the BB to a PC with the USB cable and using USB synch to copy files to the SDCard.

All of these are accomplished by playing MP3s via File Manager/Play Folder feature.

If you use play lists or other methods directly through the BB media player, you will loose your place as soon as you switch off the BB, escape the player, or connect the USB cable.

If instead you use the file browser to go to the folder with the MP3s you wish to play (I have all my podcasts in one folder that I update manually) and select "Play Folder" from the context menu, the media player will open.

If you escape the media player that is opened as per above, the last point in the played MP3 is remembered. This even survives any synchronization I do to the folder via USB or a soft power reset (ALT CAPS DEL). It remembers the spot in multiple MP3s to boot.

This is a great handy feature. I'm glad it works with the 9780/OS6.