Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

New Contributor
My Device: Bold 9700
My Carrier: Vodafone
Accepted Solution

New Battery Problem

Hi Guys,

New to form and still a Blackberry Virgin....

Had my Bold 9700 for few months and no problems so far.

Use my phone for business qite a bit, and have always had a spare battery no matter what phone i have had.

Sent off and received a new battery frm company on internet togther with desk top charger.

Now the battery looked new to me...still had film covering.

Unwrapped and put in new charger they sent me...Well - that seems to be a waste of money...anyway as left on for 15 hours,put the new battery in the phone..fired it up and the usual black screen with progress screen appeared.The screen then turned white...with cell battery appearing with red diagonal line across it.The progress bar (now grey on white screen) goes about half way and has been for about an hour, whilst connected to my original charger.

Is this being charged? as there is now symbol on screen showing it's being charged.I also do not remember this happening when i first charged by BB.

Should I just leave connected for 3-4 hours??

Does ths make sense??Smiley Indifferent

Solutions: 6,397
My Device: Passport • Z30 • Z10 • Torch9850 • Playbook
My Carrier: Verizon

Re: New Battery Problem

Makes sense.

Leave the device to charge 2-3 hours, and then, still connected to the USB cable, remove the the battery from the device a few seconds and reinsert it. If it boots--leave it to charge to 100% (check Options > Status for the percentage).

1. If any post helps you please click the Like Button below the post(s) that helped you.
2. Please resolve your thread by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
3. Install free BlackBerry Protect today for backups of contacts and data.
4. Guide to Unlocking your BlackBerry & Unlock Codes
Join our BBM Channels (Beta)
BlackBerry Support Forums Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code
New Contributor

Thanks - will try that.

Above last message from me should have read....no symbols being shown..so cannot see if charging.

Will leave for 3 hours connected to plug charger and do as you recommend.

One thing...although sold to me as an original....the only difference i can see is, at the end where it shows th + - connections, on my original battery i have small white marking on end...this one does not.Not sure if that means anything, but looking on line...original ones seem to be sold with this small white mark on end.

I'm not sure what white marking that is you speak of.

What symbols are not being shown?

1. If any post helps you please click the Like Button below the post(s) that helped you.
2. Please resolve your thread by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
Knowledge Base Updates
New Contributor

Smiley Happy....on the flat edge on the end you marry up the connection, there is a small white square.It's on my original and pictures of originals when sold, but not on the one i'm having problems with...

Ah. That's the moisture or liquid damage indicator.

Someone has removed it. Likely not a good battery.

Get another battery, my recommendation.

Knowledge Base Updates
New Contributor

Oddly enough, they were my feelings, but wanted someone to confirm who knew what they were talking about.

That;s what happens sometimes when you buy batteries on the cheap.Battery on its way back with refund and have now ordered one direct from bb(with charger)

Many thanks for your time.

You are very welcome.

Good luck.

Knowledge Base Updates
New Contributor
My Device: Blackberry Curve 3G 9300
My Carrier: T-Mobile

Hi , I have a very similar problem, I have the blackberry curve 9300 and use it alot for music on my travels mainly. So to avoid killing the battery and being left without any battery until i can next charge it, I recently bought a new battery online, being careful to make sure all the specifications were the same, The C-S2 model, Lithium ion .3.7v with a capacity of 1150mAh 4.3Wh. Exactly the same sepcifications as the battery that came with the Blackberry when i bought it brand new, it refuses to charge however, I put the battery on charge and it loaded the blackberry startup screen for about 10 seconds then cut off to the sign off a battery with a big red cross going through it, why is this doing so? Help me please!!??

Many Thanks

Highlighted
New Contributor
My Device: Blackberry Bold 9700 Onyx
My Carrier: Virgin

Hi, had exactly the same issue, I bought a cheap compatible battery, and the same thing happened to me with the screen showing an icon of a battery with a red diagonal bar, I tried and better tried in the vain hope it would, work, charge, or be recognised by the phone, nothing. So contacted the retailer and recieved a full refund without any fuss.

I then sourced a replacement, which is 3000mah  (compatable) battery and back cover after first recieving a guarantee it would work.

It does work and on the first full charge, I put everything on that I thought may be guilty of battery drain, bluetooth, WiFi, 3G, I used email, texts, BBM, browsed and downloade some apps, also had about an hours worth of calls.

The battery achieved 48 hrs, not brilliant for the size of the battery but better that a sudden death whilst in the middle of call!!