Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

Highlighted
Contributor
My Device: Not Specified
Accepted Solution

New Bb user Curve 8330 Help with Email setup

I cannot seem to figure this out. I have a new 8330 and when I go into Email setup options I have 2 options :I want to use a work email account with a Blackberry Enterprise Server" and I want to skip email setup. Shouldn't there be an option to setup an existing email account? I want my Outlook email from Comcast.net to be forwarded to my BB but cant seem to figure out how to do it. I have setup a BIS account that appears to be properly configured. I'm using Desktop manager 4.6 and Outlook 2007 HELPPpp please.. There seems to be no options in Desktop manager to set it up. And when I configure sync options it only shows the calender (which is working)
Contributor

Re: New Bb user Curve 8330 Help with Email setup

For setting up your email to go to your phone through the Blackberry Internet Service there are really only two options:  1) Setup from your phone; or 2) Setup through your wireless carrier's web site.  From your phone, look for the icon for "Setup Internet E-Mail", select it and it should take you through the steps up setting up your consumer email.  If you do not see this icon, go to Main Menu > Options > Advanced Options > Host Routing Table, press the menu key to the left of your trackball and select "Register Now".  Pull your battery, wait a few seconds, and then pop it back in, which should automatically start the phone.  If the icon is still not there, contact your wireless carrier because it may not be fully set up in their system yet.

If you are trying to set up email on the Blackberry Desktop Manager and you see an icon for "Email Settings" then you've installed the BES, not the BIS version of the BB Desktop Manager and you will need to uninstall and reinstall the software.  The key is to select the second option of the installation options which is for the BIS.

I hope that helps!

"Once you label me you negate me." Soren Kierkegaard

Tim J
Colorado Springs, CO
New Contributor

I'm a new Verizon 8330 Curve user on BES. I had no problems setting up 3 personal accounts. You can do it from the Setup Wizard or EMail Setup. I think the choice says "set up with BIS," which seems counterintuitive since you're using BES but that'll do it for your Comcast account.
Contributor

Thanks for the replies guys... But I figured it out. Had to sign up for a data plan with Sprint ...DOH

Life is good