12-30-2008 05:57 PM - edited 12-30-2008 05:59 PM
I would like to add my frustrations as well. Upgraded (from the Motorola Q) to the Curve last night at the Verizon Store. I was able to sync my contacts (Outlook) on my Windows Vista based desktop with no issues. However, in my attempt to sync with my contacts (in Entourage) on my MacBook Pro has been very frustrating.
I have the "older" MacBook Pro, running OS X 10.5.6, 2.5ghz Intel Core 2Duo and 4GB of RAM.
Curve is v4.5.077 on Platform 184.108.40.206
I have read almost every discussion on this and other forums and have done the following:
1) Uninstall and reinstall PocketMac
2) Removed drivers and "emptied Trash" and then reinstall drivers
3) Uninstalled drivers and PocketMac and then reinstall PocketMac only, without installing drivers
3) Plugged in Curve during a reboot
4) Shut down Mac, plug in Curve and turn Mac back on
5) Soft reset of Curve
6) Removed battery and memory card - wait a couple of minutes and reinstall battery only (leave card out)
7) Did fresh downloads of software and drivers and reinstall
8) Launched Entourage before starting PocketMac
In all the scenarios above, when I try to launch PocketMac, the applet bounces for a while and I get "The Application PocketMac SyncManager quit unexpectedly" error. I click Relaunch and I get the same error.
If the SD card is installed, my MacBook Pro will "see" it (and I can access the file/images), but even when I launch PM, I get this error.
I will check to see if this upgrade will make this work.
02-05-2009 02:52 PM
I solved this issue by starting iTumes. I read something on a different forum and I was able to sync to Entourage with my contacts and calendar. I am now trying to figure out why some contacts are not syncing in Entourage to my BB and visa versa
So here is what I did:
Did a complete uninstall of PocketMac
Reinstalled PocketMac without the new drivers (I have the "older" MacBook Pro running OSX 10.5.6)
After restart -started iTunes, then started Entourage, then plugged in BB, then started PocketMac and viola no errors, etc.
Not sure what iTunes has to do with this, but at least I have the application running